Chapter 80 - On the Road

80

I had managed to persuade my cousin, Kelani to look after Kari for a few days and then Kyle would have her for the rest of the time, so I was going on the tour. It turned out that the tour was only actually six weeks as he had a really busy schedule during that time, but I was only going for ten days.

Kyle obviously didn't know the main reason that I was going, which was to be with Kwame, but he thought I was going strictly for work.

I was excited to go but I knew we probably wouldn't get much alone time, he had loads of performances and appearances to get through and I still had to do work as his stylist so it would be hard.

The night before we left, I was at home trying to finish packing, with Kelani and Rianna. Kari was asleep so I was trying to be very quiet. Over the last few days, I had pumped as much milk as I could so Kari would still have some milk while I was away. After that night when Kwame and I had almost had sex, I felt so guilty for drinking even though online it said the alcohol would pass throughh my system in a few hours; I was still nervous about feeding her that day. I knew I would miss Kari a lot and I wished I could take her with me but it wasn't really fair to stop Kyle from seeing her, even if it was a short amount of time.

***
Our flight was leaving at 6.30 in the morning so I didn't get much sleep that night, just an hour or two. I drove over to Kwame's where Taylor, Cameron and Manny, his PR agent were waiting for the transport to take us to the airport.

As we waited, his sister, Francesca and a guy from his record label, Mark, turned up.

Just as the Sprinter van arrived, my phone rang

"Hello"
"Kari won't stop crying, I'm worried something is wrong with her." It was Kelani

"Does she seem ill?" I said, getting worried

"No, she's just restless."

I felt a little more calm when she said that. The driver had begun loading the bags into the back of the van and everyone was getting in. Kwame stood there watching me, I guess he was trying to make sure everything was okay.

"Try singing to her, she likes that. And give her a little warm milk, that will help."

I could hear her walking around, Kari wasn't even crying anymore, she was just making loud sounds. Once she had gotten the milk she was fine, Kelani was just worrying for nothing.

"Okay, well if you say she's fine now then I gotta go. Remember, don't call me it'll charge you, I will call as much as I can." I said, walking towards the van. I got in and sat down next to Frnacesca and Kwame got in after me and sat on my other side.

The driver began speeding towards the airport as we all sat in the van, having different conversations. We finally reached the airport, earlier than scheduled, so after checking our bags in, I walked around and did some window shopping. I went into a men's clothing store nd picked up some ccessories to add to Kwame's stage outfits and then browsed the women's store for things for myself.

I had noticed that his sister kept calling him "Kel" which I found weird considering that when we had met he told me his name was "Kwame," and that's what I had been calling him all this time. I planned to ask him about it if we got a moment alone.

As we queued to board the plane, I ended up being the last in line with "Kwame" ahead of me. I tapped him on the shoulder and waited for him to turn around.

"Why does your sister keep calling you 'Kel?'" I asked, waiting for a response.

He looked a bit surprised then spoke.