Chapter 84 - Fool No More

ONE YEAR AND EIGHT MONTHS LATER

Karim had been sentenced to life in prison with no chance of being let out any time soon.

After a crazy couple of years, life had finally become a little bit normal.

Kari was now two and a half, and we were practically living with Kelvin. We had been together for almost two years now, I knew he was 'The One' but we weren't trying to rush things.

Kyle was in the process of moving to Portugal for a new job within the company he had been working in for a few years.

Paige and Sebastian had gotten married a few months before, Rianna had graduated from university and was taking a year off to travel the world, and Meisha was doing a lot of work in womens' shelters and with young women who had been in abusive relationships. Meisha and I still weren't the best of friends but we spoke occasionally and would meet up once in a while, everyone was just busy living their lives and growing up.

I was still doing a lot of fashion styling with Kel and now some other celebrities, but I was also considering going to university but I wasn't too sure.

I had just dropped Kari off at Kyle's mum's, they were taking her to Portugal to see Kyle and she was going to spend most of the summer there.

It was a warm, sunny day in June so I was sitting in my car with the top down, about to turn the engine on when my phone rang. It was Francesca, Kelvin's sister.

"Hello"

"Have you seen this video?" She said, she sounded pissed

"No, what video?" I started getting worried. I knew Kel had just gotten back from New York the night before so I was going over to his new house and was expecting to see her there.

"I'm sending you the video on WhatsApp." She said and hung up.

When I opened the video, I wanted to be sick. It was a video taken from a CCTV camera in an airport, and showed Kel and his best friend, Mackie snorting Cocaine in the first class lounge.

I called Fran back

"Is this real? It can't be, how would they be stupid enough to do coke and do it in a public place?" I wanted to scream but I was still parked outside Kyle's mum's house.

"I don't know, but you need to deal with it, my mum said she's washing her hands of him and he ain't gonna listen to me, I've told him so many times that Mackie is bad for him and he never listens. Now if he gets dropped from his label, he's fucked. You need to force him to get rid of Mackie."

I sighed

"Okay, I'll deal with it." I said, starting the engine and putting my phone down.

As I drove up the road leading to the house, I saw loads of people crowded outside the house. Then I realised it was paparazzi. I stopped for a moment and put the roof up on the car and closed all the windows.

As I continued driving, they all started running around the car, trying to see in. My phone began ringing again and I saw it was Kyle, so I silenced it and parked behind Taylor's car on the driveway.

Mackenzie,who everyone called Mackie had been Kel's best friend since they were in school, and he was the father of Taylor's son, Cairon. He had been released from prison at the end of the previous year and had been living in Kel's house, bumming off of him ever since. He did make some of the beats Kel used on his mixtapes and DJ'd for him when he performed but he did seem like an opportunist and a bad influence.

He was always trying to get Kel to drink or go out partying all night, he always brought girls to the house and let them parade around half-naked, despite kind of being in a relationship with Taylor. He just had a lot of bummy habits.