The Final Chapter - End of the Road & Note of Thanks

The final chapter

12 YEARS LATER

Life as the wife of a successful rapper hadn't exactly been easy,family life never went smoothly but it was all worth it in some way. Over the years, Kel had spent a lot of time away from home, touring, in the studio and doing various other things, which meant I had ended up spending a lot of time alone with the kids. I knew he was doing it for us but if it wasn't for my friends and family, I probably would've had a breakdown at some point.

After Kyle's death, we had decided to postpone our wedding, as Kari wasn't doing so well. Kel and I got married in February the following year, and I found out I was pregnant again, with our second son, Isaiah, about a month after we got married.

Being pregnant with two young children and a husband off on a world tour had been an extremely stressful and lonely experience.

Having a family had made me put my dreams on hold, and only now that my kids were a bit older, had I been able to do more. I didn't like being looked at as just another 'rap wife,' who did mothing but live off of her husband. I wanted to be known for my businesses and my talents.

Mackie and Taylor had gotten married about a month after Kyle had died, and had had two more kids. Rianna had ended up marrying one of Kel's friends, Malachai, after they met at our wedding and hit it off. They had three sons. Paige and Sebastian were still married and had had two children. Kelani and Derome had gotten married a year after Kel and I did, and had two sons and a daughter.

I didn't speak to Meisha much, just once in a while. Paris and I had reconnected after she had asked me to style some of her photo shoots but we only spoke about business, it wasn't much of a friendship. She worked with Jade sometimes too, so I had bumped into her at events. We spoke a little but things weren't the same. It was weird coz the man I was married to, was the same person she told everyone I had sex with, which we had laughed about a few times. Sometimes all of us would meet up on the anniversary of Karina's death, it was sad but we kept each other going.

As we had gotten older, the relationship between me and my brothers had strengthened, I think we understood each other better as we had gotten older.

***

I stepped through the front door and was greeted by the sound of my two eldest children having an argument on the stairs.

"What is going on, why are you two shouting?"

JJ stood up and walked towards me, handing me his phone which was paused on a YouTube video.

The video was taken from a CCTV camera in a lift and showed a man and a woman passionately kissing. I was confused about why they were arguing over this video, until the man's face was shown.

It was my husband.

And the woman, an artist from his label.

My twin daughters, Amaliah and Lielah walked into the hallway before I could even say anything. I didn't even know how to react or what to say.

Kari and JJ were still on the stairs, and my little girls were asking what was for dinner.

"Kari, order some food for everyone, I need to make a phone call." I said, walking up the stairs.

Kel was currently in New York, having some meetings about the label he had set up five years ago, and he wasn't expected home for another few days.

I sat on the edge of the bath as I waited for him to pick up the phone.

The phone rang for about a minute before he answeered.

"Hello"
"So you're screwing around again?"
"What are you talking about?"
"You and Naila, that's what I am talking about."

He went silent as if he was trying to work out what to say.

"How do you know?"

"That's irrelevant. After all these years of my life that I've given up for you, I dedicated my life to being your support system and raising your children, but this is how you repay me?"

"I..."

"I don't even want to hear it! You make me sick, how many times am I gonna forgive you for something and you turn around and do it all over again. Your children barely know you, all coz you'd rather be off with all these loose women, so here's what we're gonna do. I want a divorce, and I am gonna let you do what you wanna do. I don't want to hear any excuses or apologies, I just want you out of my life, amd out of my kids' lives. First thing tomorrow, I'll call the lawyer."

I hung up the phone and sat there.

I didn't even feel sad, and I didn't feel that hurt either.

I had dedicated my life to a man who couldn't even uphold the vows we had made in front of God.

There was a knock at the door and I looked up.

"Mum, are you okay?" Kari opened the door slowly. "I ordered pizza for everyone... Did you speak to Dad?"

"I shouldn't be speaking to you about it, don't worry too much. It's gonna be sorted out." I said, standing up and going downstairs, followed by Kari.

I knew she wanted to say more, but kept quiet.

There was no way in hell that Kelvin would do this shit to me again, it was time for me to set him free...... It was time to focus on my own endeavours.

I am going to continue this story but from Kari and Kel's point of view. It wont be as long as this one was though lol.. I will probably start that later this month.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you who have read this from start to finish, I couldn't have gotten this far without all of you. Whether that's the ones who have been reading since my days on Bebo, or those who discovered ny writing a few weeks ago.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!

Please follow the official imstagram (@goodgirlzith) for updates on the stories and the upcoming web series.

Thank you all for being patient when I took months or weeks to upload and thank for continuing to red. You all mean much more to me than you know! :)