Chapter 32

I was sitting in the living room in Chelsea's flat. We were just having one of our chillaxing sessions, with a load of junk food.

Chelsea came back into the living room with a bottle of Fanta Orange and some plates. Our pizza's had just arrived and we were ready to dig in.

"Sooo... you said you wanted to talk to me about something. What was that?" I asked, pulling a slice of pizza out of its box.

"I just wanted to see how you were; we barely see each other anymore... How's college and shit?"

"It's alright, I suppose. It could be better though. How's work?"

"Long, stressful - every negative word you can pick outta the dictionary, but at the end of the day it's always worth it coz I'm getting my money."

We stopped talking for a while until we finished our pizzas.

"How's Adrian?" Adrian is her boyfriend

"Fine... I heard you and Kyle got back together. How did that happen??" she asked, not making eye contact, which she always did when she was being dodgy...

I sighed

"It just did. I don't know how to explain it, but it's like I fell in love with him again. I never stopped liking him when we were apart anyway so..."

She kissed her teeth then sighed

"You know what? I'm not even gonna say anything, but I'm just gonna let you know that Kyle is incapable of loving anybody or anything except himself and pussy."

"What the fuck is your problem, Chelsea? When did you become such a hater?"

"Just shut the fuck up, you're so stupid. When he breaks your heart again, don't bother coming to me." she said before throwing a cup full of Fanta at me

**

Karina, Meisha, Rianna & I were seated around a table in a Chinese buffet restaurant. We were planning Karina & Meisha's joint 18th birthday party.

"OK. So what we really need to decide first is who we wanna invite. Coz I know there are some nigga's who you love off, Meish, but I just despise them..." Karina said, before taking a sip from her drink.

I had always loved the way Karina was blunt and upfront about everything - if she didn't like you, you would know about it. Most girls just front like the two of you are besties, even if you make them sick to their stomach.

I picked up one of my spare ribs off of my plate and took a bite out of it, waiting for Meisha to respond to Karina's comment.

Meisha and Karina began arguing about the list, and the waiter had to come over and tell them to be quiet.

"Maybe you should just have separate parties" Rianna suggested. They both looked at her like she was mad

"I personally aint got that kinda money so boy." Meisha stated, looking at Karina who also nodded, which meant it was the same with her.

"Then you need to sit down and arrange this properly, it should be people you both like, coz it's both of your birthdays."

Eventually we left the restaurant and headed back to Karina's house.

They began listing the people that they both didn't like. For some reason, Karina put Kyle on her list...

"Why don't you like Kyle?" I asked

"Coz he's just... annoying. To be quite honest, I don't even know why you're with him, he cheated on you with your family friend, and he fucked your cousin, too. Talk about keeping it in the family."

"My - he what?" I said. I was so confused, I didn't even know who or what the fuck she was talking about.

"Chelsea... duhhh!" she said as if it should have been obvious to me.

I cleared my throat before speaking

"What do you mean, 'he fucked her'? They don't even like each other so how did that happen?"

"Are you high or something? That restaurant musta slipped something in your drink coz you're sure acting like it." She said, and went back to making her list

I turned my attention to Meisha, who was also sitting there looking baffled. The look on my face must have told her that I knew nothing about this

"I didn't know anything about this either, did you?" Meisha shook her head. I turned to Rianna who also shook her head.

I stood up so fast that I got that feeling in my head, you know that one where you head feels like it's gonna explode from the dizziness etc... I walked out of Karina's bedroom, down the stairs and out of her house.

**

I had spoken to Chelsea, who was denying sleeping with Kyle, and now I was waiting for him at the bus station.

He didn't know what I wanted to talk to him about, so when I saw him approaching me, I noticed he had a fat grin on his face. He tried to hug me but I pushed him away.

"What's wrong? Have you been crying, baby?" he said, lifting my chin up

I looked up at him, to see a confused look on his face.

"I'm gonna ask you this once, and only once. I want you to tell me the truth."

He nodded

"Look me in the eye... look me in the eye and tell me that you didn't have sex with Chelsea."

He looked away quickly and then looked me in the eye.

"No, I didn't"

I didn't respond to him, I got up and walked out of the bus station. Luckily, just as I got outside I saw my bus come around the corner so I ran for it.

**

When I got home, I phoned Tyrell. I knew he was the only person who would tell me the truth. Even though it was kinda late and it was a 'school' night, he answered straight away

"What?" he said

"I need you to tell me the complete and utter truth..."

"Mmm"

"Did Kyle sleep with Chelsea?" I asked, waiting for the answer, although deep down, I already knew it.

He went silent, cleared his throat and then spoke.

"Well yeah, but it was before you and him were going out-"

"Okay." That was all I needed to hear; I hung up the phone.

There was nothing more for me to do. Two of the people i should have been able to trust most in the world had snaked me majorly.

I'm done.