Chapter 6

He started unbuckling his belt and I closed my eyes, preparing myself for the pain...

"Ay lowe her man, we weren't even doing shit ... she was asleep and I came and knocked on the door to bring you in on some shit" the room was just silent and I wasn't feeling any impacts on my body so I opened my eyes.

Tyrell was standing there looking like the cogs in his brain were turning ...

"Nothing's going on yeah ... so what you're the 'boomting lighty' that Marcus and them were talking about...? The one that caused you to get pissed with them Stockwell niggas, yeah? I should have realised. I SHOULD HAVE FUCKING REALISED. YOU'VE ALWAYS GOT YOUR EYES ON MY SISTER, BUT I THOUGHT NAH, 'HE'S JUST FANTASISING AND SHIT.' NAH NAH NAH, I SHOULD HAVE FUCKED YOU UP THAT TIME WHEN DARIUS SAID YOU FUCKING LIKED HER. MY BOY ... MY BOY AND MY SISTER." He looked at me, and put his belt back on. "Say nada, and don't come to me when he fucks around on you with some next light skinned hoe ... fucking obsessed with lighties...." Tyrell walked out of my room mumbling to himself.

I layed on my bedroom floor for a bit longer and started getting up. Kyle walked over and helped me up.

"Are you alright??" I nodded my head, and then felt some sharp pain at the back of my head. I put my hand there, but luckily there was no blood. I looked at my bedroom floor. When Tyrell dashed me across the room bare of my shit went flying off my desk. I didn't even bother to pick it up. I suddenly started feeling dizzy and the room started spinning. The next thing I knew Kyle had lifted me up and carried me over to my bed.

Just as he put the covers over me, my mum walked into the room

"Ciara ... what the hell is going on?? Why is all your shit on the floor?" yes my mum swears openly like that, she don't even see it as a thing, but when I swear she's ready to bruck my rass. I think my mum realised I wasn't in a talking mood so she started questioning him instead 

"Why are you two in here alone??" Kyle looked at me like he didn't know what to say ... I nodded as if to say 'tell her'

"We're ... going out now ..." you should have seen the way my mum's facial expression changed. .. 

"Are you not like 20??" oh gosh, here we go.... "What, you can't get girls your own age, is that it??" my mum was being so unnecessarily rude... 

"MUM!!" I shouted, my voice cracked as well, "are you not the one always preaching to me about following my heart, and not ending up like you, practically a single mother to five nappy-head children??" 

"Whatever ... on both your head's be it when Tyrell & Anton find out" she started laughing, then kissed her teeth and walked out, mumbling in Portuguese.

I started feeling bare tired, so I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep. I felt his weight moving about on the bed so I opened my eyes 

"I'm gonna go and talk to Tyrell now ... and then I'm going home. I'll call you in the morning" he kissed me on the forehead and walked out.

I heard my bedroom door knocking a few hours later. The door opened and Tyrell walked in holding one of those king-size Dairy Milk bars ... he used to do this all the time when we would fight when we were younger. He put it on my bedside drawers and sat down on the bed.

"I'm sorry, but all I'm saying now is that you best get him on a tight leash, or prepare for your heart to be broken very soon. I spoke to Anton before, he thinks its funny - I don't. Anyways, I'm out. Sorry" he kissed me on my forehead as well and went out ... I went back to sleep.