Chapter 30

The sound of soft hand knocking on the door woke me up. I slowly tried to open my eyes, but the sun streaming through the gaps in the curtains made it feel like someone had poured acid into my eyes...

"Kyle..." whoever was knocking on the door was now calling his name. The door slowly creaked open and I could sense someone watching me. I wrenched open my eyes to see Rachel standing in front of me...

"Sorry..." she said as she left the room again. The sound of the door closing finally woke Kyle up. The alarm clock on top of the bedside drawers told me it was 13:37pm... What the fuck?! How did I sleep for that long? But when I thought about it, I hadn't actually gone to sleep until about 4am... it was time for me to be outta here, I was surprised that I didn't have any missed calls from my mother, not that we were actually talking to each other...

Kyle got up and left the room. As I started searching for my clothes I heard him shouting:"who just came in my room?!" at no-one in particular.

When he re-entered the room I was searching through my bag for my hairbrush. The way I looked like I had been dragged backwards through a hedge. It was NOT a good look.

"Where you going??" he asked, throwing himself back onto the bed

"I have to go home, we can't all have the luxury of staying in bed doing nothing all day." I said, standing up and walking over to the mirror to brush my hair.

"I don't have the luxury of staying in bed all day. Your mum aint called you so why you running away like a slave??" he said whilst rolling his eyes

"I'm not running away...I just..."

**

We - Kyle and I - were sat outside of my house. Fortunately, my mum wasn't at home, so I didn't have to hear her disgusting voice for once.

"Sooo..." he said

"Sooo... what?"

He grabbed my hand and started stroking out before he spoke again

"We need to talk. And before you ask what I wanna talk about, I wanna talk about us. What's going on with us?"

I knew this conversation was gonna happen eventually, but I wanted to avoid it for as long as was possible.

"Well... I dunno what's going on-"

"Well I think we should get back together." He stopped stroking my hand and looked up into my eyes

Why me, God?

"Ermm... this ... this is all happening too fast, my head hurts - my head hurts. I'll talk to you later." I said and got out of the car before he could stop me. I got in my house and leaned against the front door... I was so tired...

I went up to the bathroom and ran the shower... I stripped off all my clothes and jumped in...

After coming out of the shower I dressed in all black and lay on my bed, listening to music. Eventually I fell asleep.

When I woke up I felt like I'd been asleep for only five minutes, but the sky was now dark. My stomach was rumbling badly so I went to the kitchen to see if I could find some food... there was nothing I wanted to eat in the fridge and I had no money... KMT it looked like I was gonna have to starve tonight

I made it back to my room just in time to hear my phone ringing, but as I picked up the phone it stopped vibrating. I had nine missed calls from Kyle... oh boy!

I called him back

"Where were you all those times I called you??" he asked. He didn't even say hello

"I was downstairs..."

"OK... anyways, what you doing??" he asked. This conversation was so awkward

"Nothing. I'm home alone; can you come to my house?"

I had no idea why I'd just said that, but I was bored so why not get entertained?

About an hour later, Kyle pulled up in front of my house...

"What time is your mum coming back??"

"You must think I know," I said whilst searching through the freezer to see if I could find some frozen leftovers. There was really no food in this house; it was like my mother was trying to contribute to my early death through malnutrition KMT!

I sat down at the kitchen table and Kyle sat down next to me

"Is your name Kunta Kinte all of a sudden?" he asked. I was baffled

"Why would that be my name?"

"Coz you've been running bare today, you ran out of my house, and you ran out of the whip"

"'the whip,' yeah? I ran because the conversation was ... weird."

"Well... I suggest you get comfortable, coz we need to have a proper conversation."

I stole a bottle of Vodka from the alcohol cabinet, along with a blanket and we went upstairs to the living room...

We lay down on the floor and began our in-depth conversation...

**

"You know, apart from my mum and my sister, you're the only female that I know I can trust."

The bottle of vodka was already half-gone; it was good that we had mixed it with Lemonade...

"What makes you say that?"

"I dunno... I just know you're not a snake like every other female..."

After a bit of silence he spoke again

"Why don't you wanna be with me?"

I hesitated - this was the time to be honest but knowing me, I would say it in a brutal way

"I don't... I can't trust you." I said, waiting for the reaction...

"I know you don't, but like I said before: I wanna change - and I'm gonna change." He looked into my eyes as he ended his sentence

"Well it's easier said than done, trust me. You seem to think dropping these little sweet boy lines can erase everything you did; all the pain you put me through"

"I'm not even tryna be a sweet boy, I'm saying it as it is. And I know that I can't erase everything, and obviously I'm not gonna expect you to just forget about everything, but we should at least try to move past it."

I sat up and put my cup down. Why does life have to be so... GAY?!

"I don't wanna be like my dad, you know." He said, sitting up as well

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, baffled. He never, ever spoke about his dad, not even to cuss him out or anything

"He's a fucking ediat! He used to treat my mum like shit... my mum thinks I don't know this, but he even used to beat her up... what kind of man does that to someone he supposedly loves?? When I said I don't wanna be like him, I meant that I don't want to be one of those men with kids all over the place with different women; a serial cheater or a dickhead. I plan for my children to know, love and respect me. I haven't even seen my dad for like ten years... what kind of dad is that?"

And then I saw the one thing I never expected to see

Tears started sliding out of his tightly closed eyes. He used the sleeve of his hoodie to wipe them away.

"Look at me crying like a bitch" he started laughing despite the tears coming out of his eyes

I leaned over and hugged him. I never really know what to do when people cry in front of me

"I love you. I'm gonna regain your trust; you'll see" he said as he leaned in for a kiss.