Chapter 8

A week had passed since my birthday. Today I had a hospital appointment so I wasn't going into college. My mum had to go into work, so my cousin Chelsea was going with me. My appointment wasn't until 1:45 so I was just on Facebook, and on the phone to Kyle coz he still hadn't started uni. Lucky fucker...

"So are you gonna come and see me or not?" he asked

I started laughing coz he had been asking me this same question for the majority of our conversation

"Which part of 'I have a hospital appointment' do you not understand, love??" I asked.

"Well obviously I'm talking about afterwards. Durhhh!"

"Give me at least five good reasons why I should come." I knew he wouldn't be able to live up to the challenge, but if I was feeling nice, I would grace him with my presence.

"Ermm ... coz I'm hot. Because ... I didn't give you your birthday present yet. Because you think I'm hot ... ermm... I can't think man..."

"Well you best get to thinking boy..." I said

"Ermm because you wanna sex me, and because I want you to meet my friend Larry" I burst out laughing after he said that and I didn't stop for a while...

"Who the fuck is Larry??" I said after my laughter calmed down a little bit.

He went silent for a bit so I thought he didn't hear me.

"Well basically, he's this guy I know very well. He's about 19 years old, he's quite tall, he's quite chubby ... me and him are about the same colour complexion. Yeah, that's Larry." I started laughing again, even though I didn't know what the fuck he was talking about

After my laughing fit was over I managed to speak again

"Who are you talking about, seriously?? Coz me and you both know that you don't know anybody called Larry" I sat there patiently waiting for him to answer...

"You are so stupid ... how can you not have realised it yet?"

"Can you give me a proper description please... coz I'm actually at a loss, I even went to the extent of searching your friends on Facebook"

"My God, you are a dumb fuck. I'm talking about my special friend who hangs down south."

Then I clocked on. He was talking about his penis.

"You are the most disgusting creature ever, just for making that nasty statement I'm not stepping foot in your house" I said, and hung up the phone.

I went to have a shower, and when I came back to my room, I looked at my phone, and saw I had a text from Kyle: 'See u at 4 x'

I texted back: 'yeah u wish love'

Just as I finished getting dressed my doorbell rang. I ran downstairs and opened the door for my cousin Chelsea. This girl didn't even speak she just went straight to the kitchen for food.

We soon left and made our way to the hospital. I was gonna be having some blood tests coz my doctors think there's something wrong with me coz I have really heavy periods. Anyways...

Whilst we were waiting for the doctor to call us in, I was texting Kyle, while Chelsea sat there making faces because she doesn't like Kyle - but she won't tell me why...

Chelsea's always been like a sister to me even though we didn't always live close to each other. She moved in with us when we moved back from Brazil.

The doctor finally called us in, and we talked about what was wrong with me. He felt up my stomach for a bit and then extracted some blood (yikes!) and then he said I would be called back when the results came.

When we left, it was suddenly really sunny outside the hospital. I checked my watch and the time was 3:00. Right on cue, Kyle decided to call me.

"Are you out of the hospital now?"

"Yeah, why, where are you?"

"I went to Croydon, to buy you a birthday card"

"Yeah, a week later." I kissed my teeth, "So where do you want me to meet you?" There was a bus coming, going near Croydon so Chelsea and I jumped on it.

He told me to call him when I got near Croydon, so I hung up and put my head on Chelsea's shoulder, but she pushed it off.

She had been acting like such a bitch since I told her I was going out with Kyle but that's her business. If she wouldn't tell me what her problem with him was, she could keep it to herself. We didn't speak for the whole bus journey but when we finally got near Croydon, I decided to have it out with her. We got off the bus and she was about to walk off but I grabbed her arm.

"What the fuck is you're problem, Chelsea?! Ever since I told you that I'm going out with Kyle you've been going on so weird with me." I realised how cold it was in Croydon, so I quickly put on my hoody, and waited for Chelsea to answer.

She stood there with her arms across her chest, rolling her eyes.

"It's nothing" she said and walked off.

I didn't have time for her, so I picked up my bag and got my phone out of it. I was about to call Kyle and my phone started ringing. It was some random number...

"Hello..."

"Ciara, it's Kellie. Kyle said you should meet him at the tram stop in East Croydon" and then she hung up, the rude little bitch. Me and Kellie had never really gotten along, we were just kinda forced to be friends coz we had loads of mutual friends.

I hated coming to Croydon, it was so loud and noisy, and people were always watching my face and shit. I couldn't even walk through the town centre without people shouting obscenities at me...

After jumping on a bus to East Croydon, I stood there waiting for 'Larry'. I walked over to the Oyster thingy and was beeped mine.

"Wa gwarn Larry?!" I shouted out loudly when he got near me and I started laughing like a loon again...

"What the fuck is wrong with you man, you're so black" this guy better not test me...

When we got on the tram, my mum's friend's daughter, Camilla, was on the tram too. I said hi to her and was gonna go about my business, but she stopped me and asked who Kyle was. I introduced them, but I didn't say who he was and then we went and sat down. I sat down opposite him, with my back facing Camilla...

"This tram is for Elmers End. The next stop will be Lebanon Road"

I received a text from Tyrone, and because I was busy replying I stopped paying attention to Kyle.

If I had been, I would have noticed him and Camilla making eye contact and mouthing stuff at each other...