Chapter 7

A few months had passed since all that drama with my brother, and he was still a bit off with me and Kyle. Me and him had been fighting a bit recently as well coz he wanted to tell the whole world that we were together, but I wanted to keep it on the DL coz people already talk about me enough.

Today was the day of my 17th birthday. I was sitting in my bedroom, wrapped up in a towel coz I had just come out of the bath. It was only like 6:30 in the morning but I had woken up early coz I couldn't sleep.

I took off my towel and stood in front of my mirror, analysing my body. I actually hated my body ... I'm not skinny, just 'slim' I have humongous hips and legs though which I hate coz they look so fuckin huge. To make things worse I'm fucking flat chested as well ... Well, I'm a 34B but that's fucking tiny. The only thing that I think boys could find remotely attractive about my body is the fact that I have a fucking huge ass and green-hazel eyes.

I got dressed into one of those high-waisted H&M skirts in black, a white top and a blue Adidas jacket. It sounds odd but it looked decent.

I went downstairs and sat in front of the TV for a bit and then ate some breakfast. Coz my mum doesn't work on Friday's I went into her room to ask for money.

As I was walking to the bus stop, I felt my phone vibrating. It was my godsister Karina ...

"Hello..." 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BITCH!" I started creasing bare, whilst I was like tryna cross the road so some cars started beeping at me... "Damn, I thought you would still be asleep so I could wake you up!" 

"Shut up you hoe. You are still coming tonight, right?" I asked. My mum was forcing me to have a little get together/sleepover coz she said I'm boring  coz I never do anything for my birthday. 

"Yeah, me, Meisha and Rianna are coming ... do you still want me to bring a few niggas?" 

"Maybe it's not such a good idea, but I'm getting on the bus now, so I'ma call you when I finish college or something" I hung up the phone and got on my bus to the tube station.

The one person I wanted to hear from, Kyle, was the one person I hadn't heard from all morning ... I had a free period, so I decided to go and use one of the computers. I logged into Facebook. I had loads of notifications from people saying 'Happy Birthday'. I clicked on my info tab and changed my relationship status to 'In a Relationship with Kyle Waite'. He can't even chat shit anymore. 

I appeared online on facebook chat to see who was online, and there he was. I was baffled as to why he was at home on a Friday morning then I remembered he hadn't started uni yet. Believe it or not this 'Ghetto' guy actually goes to uni... anyways I made myself offline again before people started talking nonsense to me. Some more people came into the common room; including my friend Tyrone ... we were just talking casually for a bit, until the pips went for the beginning of break. I logged off of Facebook, without checking my notifications that had popped up, and then went and jammed on one of the sofas. My next lesson was Dance, so I went and quickly got changed and came back to the common room.

The day flew by quickly and I finally left college at 3pm. I went home, tidied up a bit and then had a shower. These times it was like 6pm, so I went downstairs and started making some food and stuff. I had told everyone to be here by 6:30, but knowing these black people they wouldn't get here until 7:30.

My phone started ringing, it was my cousin Georgina.

"We're nearly there, my mum's dropping me and Monifa." She didn't even say hello, just started talking, silly girl

"Yeah, yeah whatever. My doorbell's ringing now so I'll just see you when you get here" just as I opened the door for my girls Kiera, Harmony, Frankie, Helena & Maria, my phone started ringing again. I answered my phone and gave directions to Amanda. After that, my doorbell and phone rang like every five minutes, it was so annoying. After that, I ignored any calls and concentrated on preparing some snacks and drinks. 

After a while, everyone had arrived and we were all in the living room bussing jokes ... my mum had just come home, so she had taken over making the drinks and stuff.It was time for us girls to get wild! We got changed into our pyjamas and stuff and then went back downstairs. We started playing truth or dare ... I dared Frankie and Monifa to get naked and run down to the end of my road. Monifa wasn't down, so Maria did it instead. Don't think these girls didn't strip off and then we all went outside to watch them running in opposite directions down my road, and back up. It was fucking hilarious! After a few more crazy dares it was my turn to choose truth or dare. I stupidly chose truth, forgetting I was with some of the biggest bitches I know.

Monifa decided to pipe up with her big mouth: "Why are you going out with a granddad?" everyone else was baffled, coz obviously not everyone had been on Facebook

"What's she talking about??" asked Harmony. Despite the fact that Monifa was my cousin, I hated her with a passion at times. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Me and Kyle, as in Kellie's cousin, are dealing." The way everyone took some sharp breaths in, you could feel the lack of oxygen within the room. I heard my phone make the text message sound again, from the kitchen, so I went to go and check it.

It was a message from Kyle 

'Why u airing my calls...? I was only tryna say happy bday. What you doing tomorrow?" 

I read and re-read the message over again as my brain went into heavy thought mode. Was the relationship actually going to be worth all of the hassle?

I went back to the living room, where Harmony was tryna explain to Maria who Kyle was, despite the fact that we all went to the same school.

"So what do you lot wanna do now??" I asked, hoping nobody would bring Kyle up.

Despite the fact that we were all 16 or 17, we started making prank calls to random numbers, doing bare different accents... I loved these little immature moments with my friends

I had replied to Kyle's message when I first saw it and the next morning I woke up to a message from him again, saying that he wanted to see me today, coz he didn't get to see me on my actual birthday.

**** 

After the girls left, I had a shower and then tried to find an outfit. The time was 1pm; he said he would be here at 2:30. In the end I decided to put on some low cut, long-sleeved white top, and leggings. I couldn't decide whether or not to wear a bra, it ain't like my chest was going anywhere ... I picked up one of my push up bras and just put it on and then tried to do my hair before I got fully dressed. In my opinion, I looked decent.

I looked around my room, and realised the place was a mess, so I picked up all the dirty clothes off the floor, dashed them in their basket thingy and sprayed some air freshener. Even though my mum was out for the whole day, I didn't wanna jam in the living room. I made my bed and then quickly went to the toilet.

The doorbell rang, and I looked at my watch; it was 2:15. I wlked down the stairs slowly and opened the door. My man didn't even let me say hello or nothing, he just walked in and started kissing me...