Chapter 64 : Same Difference

"Welcome to paradise, ladies..."

Kwame held the door open for us to walk through. He had paid for the cab as promised, and he seemed to have freshened up. I seriously hoped he wasn't expecting anything sexual coz he wouldn't be getting it from me.

We entered the suite- there was music blazing from a pair of speakers, loads of bottles of alcohol scattered around and little empty polythene bags on the coffee table. People were dancing, some with a cigarette or spliff and their mouths or holding a bottle or glass.

"Help yourself to a drink... sorry, I didn't catch your name, still." Kwame said, looking towards Jade

"I never threw it." she said, laughing before continuing. "It's Jade."

"A'ight Jade. Well my man over had his eye on you earlier, so go chat to him innit." jade gave him a funny look then walked over to the mini-bar where Kwame's friend was making drinks.

He led me through a pair of white doors with brass handles, into a room that was completely white in décor

"This suite must cost you a lot" I said, wondering if he made more money than we all thought.

"Mans on his grind innit." he walked over to the bed and threw himself down, patting the spot next to him, indicating I should do the same.

I took off my shoes and walked over to the bed, carefully sitting down. I had never been in a room that looked so clean and I didn't wanna make anything dirty.

"Why you so shy all of a sudden. You seemed to have a lot to say when we was at Indie..."

"That's my working environment, and I was running the event. There was no way I could've been quiet" I said, laughing quietly

He didn't respond, he just lay there staring at me.

"You're a beautiful girl, you know. You weren't what I was expecting at all."

He shifted closer, as if he was preparing to kiss me and I prepared to reject him, but someone knocked on the door, ruining his plans. He got up and opened the door for whoever it was.

"L just brought the Charlie." the person at the door said

He said something quietly to the person, then closed the door and came back to the bed.

I stood up

"I just wanna let you know, I didn't come here with any underlying sexual intentions, so if that's what you think then its best for me to leave now."

He looked a bit confused then realized what I meant.

"To be one hundred with you, I didn't even wanna fuck. You don't look or act like a popcorn hoe, or a groupie so I wasn't gonna rush. I can tell you're certified, still."

I nodded and sat back down. He took his phone out of his jeans pocket and began typing something .

"Are you hungry? The others are getting food." he said, sitting on the edge of the bed.

I haven't eaten since before I went to work, so my stomach was extremely empty. I hated eating in front of people that I wasn't too familiar with, especially guys, but I was starving.

"What are they ordering?" I asked

"Hold on."

He walked out of the room, leaving the door open

***

About an hour later, we were all sat around the dining table in the suite, with a vast array of food spread around the table.

I pulled a slice of pizza out of its box, and bit into it. I had kind of jumped on the healthy eating train, as part of my modeling career , so my system was not really used to this level of unhealthy food.

After eating, Kwame and I went back into the room and started watching a movie. He really was nothing like I expected - rappers always had this really bad reputation for being serial cheater's and all that, but he seemed like a pretty decent guy.

The door suddenly flew open, and Jade came in. her face was extremely sweaty and she looked really spaced out.

"Oh my god, Ciara! This is the best night of my life!" she said, throwing herself onto the bed and touching my face weirdly.

Kwame looked at the both of us and started laughing

"She's on something, boy!" he said, shaking his head as he continued laughing

Jade then flopped down in between Kwame and I and curled up into the foetal position.

"I'm so tired, Ceece..." she said, closing her eyes and yawning and closing her eyes.

It looked like my night in with a rapper had officially ended, as Jade began snoring.

Kwame went into the bathroom and beckoned for me to follow him. He locked the door behind me and pulled me closer to him.

"I've wanted to do this all night." he whispered, pulling me closer and kissing me

at first I was a little weary about kissing him back, I had this thing about kissing strangers... you don't know where their lips have been, who's privates they could have been kissing....

I edged away from him.

"It would've been nice if you had asked before you kissed me." I said, unlocking the door and going back into the main room.

I lay down on the bed next to jade, listening to her snoring quietly.

Maybe he wasn't any different from every other guy out there? It seemed like he had tried to take advantage but I had kinda liked the kiss, I just didn't want to seem too eager. He was a good kisser and I was attracted to him.

I was interested to see where this would go....