Chapter 56

About six weeks has passed since I had moved into my new place and read my mum's letter. Byron and I were hardly speaking, Trey had stuck around for a while in an effort to make amends with us but I wasn't sure if it had worked on the rest of them. I personally didn't have a problem with him as I could hardly remember him from when I was younger anyway.

I had spent Valentine's Day with Rianna; we had just stayed in and ordered some chinese and watched a film. It was nice just spending time with my friends and family now, without the burden of a shit boyfriend at the back of my mind. There was no-one that I was particularly interested in romantically; I hardly spoke to guys these days, but Karina's friend Michael was still trying to get me to go on a date with him.

I was more focused on getting all my work back on track at college and finding a better job.. My teachers had allowed me to have extra time for my work after my dad had called them and told them my mum had died.I was still doing modelling on the side but it wasn't guaranteed work and I needed money to pay my bills now, as I didn't wanna rely on my dad.

Tonight Chelsea was taking me to a nightclub that her friend owned. Apparently he had promised that he would give me a job because he had a crush on her. It was only 7pm but he had told us to come in for around 8 so I could practice working on the bar. I dressed in a red lacy shirt and black leggings, and completed the outfit with some red lipstick and shiny black wedges.

My phone vibrated on the coffee table, with Chelsea's name flashing up on the screen. I answered it while I finished putting the ends of my hair into a bun

"Hello" 

"I'm downstairs, hurry up." She said. I looked out of my window to see that she was parked outside 

"Okay, I'm coming" I said, hanging up the phone and switching all the electrics off and picking up my handbag.

I took one last look in the mirror and walked out of the flat, locking the doors behind me.

We arrived at the club about half an hour later and waited for him to come down and unlock the door so we could get in. One of the bouncers came down to open it and told us Jason was in the office. There were a few people behind the bar, setting up for the night but none of them said anything to us when we walked behind the bar up to a set of doors that led to wear the office was.

He came out of the office before we could even knock and he looked me up down

"You've got the job!" He said as him and Chelsea started laughing. I wasn't sure if he was being serious or not so I just stood there quietly.

"But seriously, let's go in the office and talk" he said, indicating that we should follow him.

He gave me some forms to fill out and I was about to start filling it in until Chelsea grabbed it and started filling it in for me..

"Erm, do you even know my national insurance number?" I asked her, wondering why she wanted to fill in the form for me

"You're gonna work under my details. You need to keep your other job until you start uni and get your loan. You'll get taxed and might end up having to pay rent for your place if your income goes up" she said, as she filled in the forms

Jason didn't say anything so he obviously knew what she had been planning to do all along. I wasn't pissed off, I just hoped we didn't get caught or we'd both be in trouble.

I told him what sort of shifts I could do and what days I was available then he took me out to the bar to get me started. I was kinda nervous that I'd end up messing up people's drinks orders and stuff but he went through everything with me slowly. Chelsea had already told me that he was a major flirt so when he kept putting his arm around my waist and licking his lips at me it didn't surprise me. At one point, he had been grinding against my bum and I had felt a large bulge in his boxers. He was good looking, I'd give him that but I knew the others behind the bar could see what he was doing coz I could hear them laughing. Chelsea had already left so I had no-one to tell him to back off; I wasn't gonna do it - I needed this job.

The club was set to open at 10 and it was 9.15. He told me to go to the staff room and take a short break. I sat at one of the tables drinking a bottle of water, when a tallish girl who kinda reminded me of Chelsea came in.

"Hi, I'm Delaney, Jase told me to look after you tonight. I heard he's already been perving on you. Don't worry, he's like that with everyone!" She said, laughing as she took off her coat. She had a Caribbean accent but she spoke English really clearly which was kinda strange.

She sat on the chair opposite me and began eating her pizza that she had brought in with her.. The smell of it was making me hungry and I'd hardly eaten for most of the day, but I didn't wanna ask for some

"Do you want some, babe?"She asked, pushing the box towards me. I wanted to say no, but I was starving

"Thank you" I said, smiling and taking a slice out of the box.

I devoured it quickly and sat there waiting for time to pass before my shift began

*** 

It was now 3am. I was drained, exhausted and my feet were killing. I was back in the office with Jason who was calculating how much money to pay for my shift.

"So did you enjoy your first night?" He asked, typing the combination into the safe and taking out some money.

"Yeah, it was just really stressful. I think I'll get used to it eventually though." I said, reclining in my chair and yawning.

I had no intention of waiting for a bus, I was gonna get a taxi home so that I could get enough sleep to get up and go to work at 12 at my other job.

I eventually got home and slept for as long as I could before getting up and getting ready for my other job. I couldn't wait to quit this job, it was so shit and full of aimless people. We had this new manager who pretty much all of us hated, but there wasn't anything we could o about his presence except accept it and attempt to get along with him...

When monday morning arrived, I was completely drained from my weekend of working hard to make ends meet. Sasha had gone into labour in the early hours of sunday morning; she had given birth to a girl named Kadence. I was going with Joanna (a girl who had moved into our temporary house about two months before I'd moved out) to see Sasha at her new flat. We called Joanna "Jojee" , it was a weird contraction of her name Joanna Chatterjee. She had never really told us why she had been placed in the house with us, but we just knew she was fun to be around so we were cool with her.

I met Jojee after college, in the town centre and we made our way to Sasha's new place. Her daughter's dad had finally come around and had decided to make a go of it with Sasha and their daughter. Ironically, he had turned out to be one of Kyle and Tyrell's friends, a guy named Dwayne that they had gone to school with.

"Aww Sash, you've done so well!" I said as I held baby Kadence.. She was so cute and adorable, unlike some of the ugly babies that people were producing these days

"I don't recommend that either of you does the whole giving birth thing anytime soon though," she said, wincing as she shifted on her seat.

As I looked down at Kadence, I regretted having my abortion so badly. I didn't wanna do the whole living off of the state thing; if I was having a child, I wanted to be able to provide for it with my own money. Sasha was now in this situation, and I hoped she'd get her life right eventually and get out of it.

I wanted to get my own life right as well; Jade and I were still working on our fashion line thing, and were planning an event to help us raise some money to put on fashion shows etc. I was getting close to completing my A-Levels and wanted to continue moving forward with my life. I had noticed that Kyle had deleted loads of girls off of his Facebook, but if he thought that would impress me or make me wanna get back with him, he was wrong. He needed to prove to me that he was actually serious about us, then maybe I'd consider being with him again.

But for now, I was staying single.