Chapter 66 - Morning After Dark

I tried to lift my head  but it felt weighed down and stiff . when I tried to sit up, I coildn't. Itwas like i was tied down to my bed...

My eyes felt heavy and sore too but i slowly managed to open them, and to my surprise, I wasn't even in my own bedroom. The ceiling was grey with white lines on it - this definitely wasn't my room.

I opened my mouth to try and call for someone and felt a warm liquid trickle down my face. What the hell wasgoing on?

"Hello?!" I shouted, my voice crcking as if I hadn't spoken for days. I didn't hear anyone approaching, so I shouted again and again, my voice cracking ech time. My right arm had a drip going into it and I could feel something stuck to my chest. Was I in hospital?

"Calm down, love! Its okay, you're fine now." She said, as she pressed some buttons to raise the bed. I was definitely in hospital

"What happened to me?"

"You were hit by a car last night. Your cuts are bleeding again, I can't seem to be able to stop em! Lay back, I'll go get the things to clean you up." She left the room and came back in before i could even digest what she had said. 

She removed the dressings from my face and cleaned them, then put new dressings on. My foot was bandaged up and in a boot

"What happened to my leg?"

"On the x-ray it looked like it's just a slight fracture, nothing too serious." She looked at me and paused. "Do you want me to call someone for you; mum, dad, boyfriend?" 

I shook my head

"My mum is dead, my dad is off with his new family.... Boyfriend is non-existent." I said, tears building up in my eyes. 

"Is there no family at all?" She said, with a pitying look on her face. "We need to get some details down for you, let me get a form."

For some reason, my mind was on Kyle... I didn't wanna go back there but I felt that he would be there for me, especially if he really did love me like he kept saying....

***

Kylehadn't answered his phone so I was still alone in the hospital. I was in the waiting room of the mri department, with a nurse, waiting to be seen. Apparently they wanted to make sure that i had no brain damage or any haemorraging. The fact that the only companion I had through this situation was a nurse, made me feel so lonely. My family didn't even seem to care anymore, my friends didn't even seem to notice when I was going through things... It seemed that my only companion belonged in a glass bottle.

The guy who I still kinda loved didn't even seem interested anymore. Maybe I was just destined to be alone.

"Ciara? We're ready for you now." The nurse helped me limp into the room and lay down on the table thing. The operator of the machine told me a few things before the table lifted and my head entered the machine

**TWO DAYS LATER**

I had been released from hospital. I had gotten a friend. I had gotten a friend from college to lie and say I would be staying with her family, but I had gone back to my flat and I was alone. 

I was a mess and so was the house, but i just sat there staring into space. Where was everyone who always used to be around? I didn't even know what to do anymore and i had no-one to help. 

My buzzer suddenly went off but I ignored it. I wasn't expecting any visitors so there was no need to get up. 

It kept going off so I got up and pressed the button without speaking.  Whoever it was would be allowed in depending upon their identity.

Someone knocked on my door

I looked through the peephole and felt a jolt in my stomach when I saw the persin's face.

It was Amari.

I put the chain on then opened the door a little. 

"Did you come to finish me off?" I said quietly