Chapter 44 - Brokenhearted Part 2

Chapter 44

**KYLE’S VIEW**

As soon as I realised Ciara was sat only a few metres from me, I began feeling sick. Rochelle was the only one of my friends in which I had confided the real reason why we had broken up. When she also realised that Ciara was there, she came over to comfort me.

“Excuse me Kyle, you and Ciara only broke up a few days ago, and you’re already rubbing your new hoes in her face? She’s just over th- well she was just over there.” Meisha said

Okay, so maybe what Rochelle and I were doing may have looked wrong, but nothing was going on between us at all. Rochelle got off of my lap, and went back to her own seat, throwing Meisha a dirty look.

“I was just tryna comfort him, there was no need to call me hoe.” She said, kissing her teeth

“I say it how I see it; and I see you throwing yourself at a guy who just broke up with his girlfriend, who just happens to be one of my best friends.” Meisha said, getting up and going over to the table of drinks.

I saw Ciara come out of the house, and sit back where she had been sitting before. She kept her head down, staring at her lap. She had probably seen what Rochelle and I had been doing in the same way Meisha had, and probably hated me even more now.

Meisha came back to the group, and sat down, not speaking to anyone. About ten minutes after she had sat down, Ciara got up and came over to Meisha to whisper something in her ear. I was next to Derome, who was next to Meisha, so I could see her face clearly. She was pointedly trying to not look at me; she had definitely seen what Rochelle and I had been doing. I felt bad…

About two hours later, I was on my way back from the toilet. I walked through the kitchen to find Ciara standing there with the birthday boy, Michael. It was just the two of them in the room, and they were standing extremely close. As I walked out of the back door, out to the garden, I heard her saying the digits of her phone number… I felt a pain in my chest.

**CIARA’S VIEW**

I had asked Michael if I could charge my phone, and he had taken me in the house to find his charger. Once we were in there, he started talking to me properly. He told me that he had liked me for a while, but I had been with Kyle so he didn’t want to make a move. We stood there talking for a while, when Kyle had walked into the room. The atmosphere had suddenly turned really awkward, but he didn’t say a word to either of us.

I went back to my seat after my phone gained a bit more battery. Even though it was almost 11, everyone had only just begun eating. The girls and I had made plans to leave after we finished eating; I was the first to finish eating so I decided to go and ask Meisha if she was planning to leave with us, or if she was staying.

She said she was staying, so after we all finished eating we left. We weren’t really going anywhere in particular, so we just strolled around for a bit.

We ended up in Streatham, near Jade’s house. We were sat on the roof of some garage’s with a bottle of Malibu. Jade brought out a cigarette and we passed it around between us.