Thunderbolt - 16.

You dragged your feet as you walked out of your school campus. That test didn't go very well. You pursed your lips as you tried to recall the test and any of the questions you didn't understand. You tried to think positive. You always overthought the questions and obsessed with having the perfect answer.

The worst thing was your professor was the worst when it came to marking assignments and tests. You would probably have to endure a week of anxiety and waiting until you got your grade.

Your phone buzzed in your pocket and you took it out, frowning as you saw Jungkook's name pop up.

Fudge. You knew why he was calling.

You didn't want to answer but you knew if you didn't, he'd call you 10 more times and think you died and probably show up at your house to see if you're alive.

You sighed and answered the phone as you walked,

"Hey, J.K." You tried to sound cheerful, hoping he wouldn't notice the gloom in your voice.

He noticed right away, "Hey, babe. You good?" Jungkook said through the phone, obvious concern in his voice.

"Of course, why do you ask?"

"You sound weird."

"Probably cause' I'm out of breath from walking up some stairs." You lied, lips quivering as you spoke.

You were actually really bummed about your test. You wanted to cry.

"How was your test, babe? I thought you'd call me after it finished."

You sighed, chewing on your lower lip, "UH. It went okay, I guess." You nodded, not wanting to go into detail.

Jungkook paused before answering, not wanting to make you feel bad. You obviously sounded sad. He wasn't worried though. He knew you'd be fine.

"It's okay, babe. I'm sure you did great. Don't worry."

"What if I tell you that I had no fucking clue what I was doing? If I flunk this test, I might as well drop out. They'll probably kick me out of the school." You rambled, running your fingers through your hair as you walked.

"Don't say that, Y/N. I know you did good." Jungkook mumbled softly into the phone, you could hear noises in the background as if he was amongst a lot of people.

"Wait, where are you?" You asked, plopping down onto the bus stop bench.

"Just having an early dinner with my friends. They want to go out to some bar later so I'm trying to eat before I get too fucked up." Jungkook laughed.

"Well, go have your dinner, Kookie. I see my bus coming." You smiled and got off the bench, getting onto the bus.

"Alright, babe. I'll talk to you later?"

"Of course. Have fun with your friends." You hummed, tapping your bus pass and finding a seat way in the back so you can wallow in sadness alone.

"Bye, babe." Jungkook smiled into the phone before ending the call.

You sighed as the call ended, taking your airpods out and putting them in before leaning your head against the window as you looked outside.

...

You heard your phone blowing up with texts and picked it up, taking your headphones off.

You were at home and sitting at your desk after taking a shower, headphones on and listening to music as you went over your test notes. Everything seemed okay but why did you feel like you failed?