Just One Day - 27.

Day 29/30

You sat at your desk, lips pressed into a thin line as you had your internship application screen open once again. Your eyes gravitated to the international options and you chewed the inside of your cheek.

What was the worst that can happen, Y/N?

1). You and Jungkook break up and now you're stuck in a foreign country.

2). You had no idea where you would be staying if you got accepted.

Would you live with Jungkook? No way. You'd have to get your own place. What would you do with your home here? Were you ready to leave everything behind here? You felt as though you were in an episode of 90-day fiancé where these desperate people are packing up their entire lives to move across the world to be with someone.

You both have only been dating for a month but for some reason it felt like ages already. Maybe you were ready, maybe you weren't. All you knew what that you couldn't wait anymore. The deadline to apply for the internship was approaching and you heard spots were filling up fast.

The longer you took to apply, the longer the wait would be to get in.

This is what you want, Y/N. To be closer to Jungkook... Right? 

Sacrifices need to be made for the ones you love and you've been on your own for so long that you didn't even realize until now that you couldn't be without Jungkook. You could even hear your friend's voice in your head telling you not to let him always travel to you. 

Again, what was the worst that could happen? You were not even sure you had a chance to get in. As far as you could tell, you probably missed your chance already.

You took a deep breath.

Fuck it.

You clicked the option to apply to Korea's international hospital and uploaded your documents, finger trembling as you came face to face with the submission button once again. You closed your eyes this time, pressing submit and watching the page refresh.

"What did I just fucking do?" You whispered to yourself as you trembled, staring at the confirmation page.

'Thank you for your application to Seoul Medical Hospital.

Please allow up to 2 weeks processing time.'

You placed your hand over your chest and felt your heart beat thumping within it. You sighed, eyes closing for a moment to process reality. You couldn't believe you did it. You felt so many emotions. 

Fear, anxiety and excitement.

You wanted to call Jungkook and tell him right away. You checked the time and realized it was past midnight for him and you didn't want to wake him up. He had a concert the night before too and passed out like a light when he got home. You rubbed at your temples, leaning your head back in your chair.

You decided not to tell Jungkook until you got your acceptance. If you got rejected, you would just apply to the hospitals in your area and stay quiet about it if Jungkook ever asked.

You huffed softly, closing your computer and getting up. Legs wobbly from anxiety as you crossed to your closet to get ready for your night shift.

...

It was a bleary and cold afternoon in Korea. Jungkook was stressed out and overwhelmed as he went back and forth from his closet to his bed, looking for his winter season clothes as the last-minute packing panic settled in. He knew he had to travel a month ago but left all his work for the last second and now he couldn't find half of his clothes.