03 | flashback

(hours before tae's mental breakdown)

"taehyungie, i'm sorry, please." she's crying out loud.

"it's too late to apologize." taehyung said shakenly, holding the gun in his hand and aiming at yejin. (mrs jeon, jungkook eomma)

taehyung couldn't believe this was happening. he never wished to have a gun pointed at someone very dearest to him and it made him sick to his stomach.

with trembling hands, taehyung pulled the trigger and the bullet going straight through jimin's chest. ----

yejin was standing in front of jimin protectively, but jimin was quick to push her to the side and took the bullet instead.

his limp body instantly drop onto the mud ground with blood seeping through his white t-shirt.

taehyung and jimin definitely spend their good times together. but at this point, certainly this wasn't their favourite moment together.

he saw his soulmate breathing madly in pain yet still managed to smile. beautiful, always had been. when he smiles, his eyes smile too.

suddenly the gun in his hold was snatched by his father and another firing ringing through his ears again. taehyung whipped his head to his father then to the person his father had shot.

the peach cream coat that taehyung had gifted for his mummy, was now ruined by this ugly red liquid. she was shot in the stomach. his lover mummy, was shot.

"no!!" taehyung screamed, watching everything go down in horror, in slow motion mode. but his feet unable to move further as if being trap under the ground.

"mummy!" jungkook arrives but he's too late now. he caught her in time before she fell and cradled her in his arms as he bent down a bit to the ground.

he choked raising his hand over her bullet wound, yejin watched her son looked bewildered, and he couldn't breath right.

jungkook held her tight with his one arm and started yanking off his sweater with the other.

"you'll be okay, you'll be okay." jungkook repeated for his mummy, or for himself?

he pressured his sweater on her wound and yejin's mouth dropped in pain. "find.. t-the memory.. card.."

her voice cracked, her big brown eyes stared up into his blues. - her blood was leaking through jungkook's sweater and onto his hands.

"eomma.... i'm so sorry." came taehyung's voice but he look blank.

jungkook looked up at him like he was the biggest idiot he's ever seen in the world. "shut up!!" he screamed, pulling yejin closer. "w-what memory card? why?"

she's so pale and she could barely keep her eyes open, but with all the strength she had she opened her mouth.

"the t-truth is hidden inside the c-card..." she drifted off, and slowly closed her eyes.