04 | euphoria nursing home

(A month later)

he didn't understand why tonight was so different but for some reason, taehyung could not sleep.

the betrayer found himself curled up tight as he tried to force himself to sleep, but it was like his mind refused to rest.

he couldn't help but to think about his lover condition at the nursing home.

taehyung considered going to talk to hoseok but it was the early hours of the morning and he didn't want to burden the male. hoseok finally returned from los angeles after four years.

he probably had more important things like handling his own unknown start up business, and taehyung didn't need anyone to babied him as jimin had claimed on more than one occasion.

it was all so overwhelming. as taehyung looked up at the ceiling he realised how much the dark seemed to be encasing him and he didn't like it anymore.

he quickly scrambled over to his dressing table but then remembered he had smashed the enchanted lamp gifted by mommy yejin. he had no time to replace a new lamp.

oh no. oh, no, no. he needs the light because it saves him and nothing could hide from him in the shadows.

taehyung rolled back over and squeezed his eyes shut with determination, but he still wasn't able to relax.

he was suddenly aware that his whole body was trembling, but he wasn't cold. he tried to clear his mind, but that has always proved to be a difficult feat for him.

'darling, why? why did you do it? i trusted you. why did you betrayed me?'

'darling, my baby boy taetae, look into my eyes and tell me you loved me wholeheartedly during our four years together?"

'taetae, d-darling, i'm b-bleeding out, h-help me...'

a pain appeared on his chest. it felt a little tight, and each breath started to feel like it was struggling to break free. another pain appeared in his arm, like pinpricks.

all of these sensations were not normal. the back of his head also felt like it was being squeezed between two hands. he clenched his fist and hits his own head hoping to ease the pain.

he hated it all and he wanted it to stop but he didn't know how. his breathing felt like it was becoming more and more restricted until....

until he eventually jolted himself up in his seat and gasped in and out with desperate breaths.

"tae--"

"taehyung! what's wrong? you okay? take a deep breath in."

he shakily paced left and right as he tried to steady his breathing and the rhythm of his heart. oh, they've arrived 'euphoria nursing home'