09 | i'm not a kid

the thick bristles of the wind brush pass through blonde shimmer of taehyung's hair as he was staring deep into jungkook's soul, who is sitting beside him.

somewhere in the back of his mind, there is a time and place where the sun shone,

birds sang and he laughed in fields of deep green grass and tangled in jungkook arms beneath the harbor of the summer sky.

he can remember every detail, down to the very words they whispered, the way their mouths trembled when their lips met for the very first time. taehyung remembers it all.

but that was all in the past. and now there is only silence between them. before he could daydream further, a voice speak up.

"taehyung.. who is luna.. and jimin?" jungkook asked in a hushed voice.

those words brought taehyung out of his reverie. suddenly all of his thoughts scatter like so many sheets of paper in a windstorm.

"hmm?" taehyung's mind grew blank. a heavy feeling settling in his chest. "y-you remember who they are?"

answering a question with a question, strike one.

"maybe a little.. i don't know.. who are you again?" jungkook asked because he was thinking about the dreaming he had.

poor jungkook badly wanted to have his memories but he didn't know what would bring his memories back.

"i am not important to you. i told you before right? i was send here to be your caregiver."

"but.. jimin said.. i promise to propose.. but i was held back.. by taehyung.. you, you are my caregiver stops me from proposing.. why?.." jungkook asked in total disbelief.

but taehyung didn't react to this, his eyes were instead narrowed as if he was trying to hold back tears as the name 'jimin' set in slowly.

jimin comes first. even during jungkook and taehyung in processing of knowing each other better, dating and all, jimin and luna will always be the first priority.

they both are jungkook histories. and yet, having amnesia, jimin, jimin, jimin, still the one he thinks off in his head.

"inseparable.. since childhood.. seperated.. by.. third party... i don't know.. why jimin said that.. his eyes.. looks hurts.."

jungkook stares at taehyung what seems like forever, waiting for an answers.

taehyung clutched his fist in an attempt not to lose control. he tried to reassure himself, but what baffles him is, jungkook clearly knows nothing about his own organization.

jungkook now started to remembering jimin and luna. (three years old luna when that little girl already four. her fifth birthday is coming soon) it's safe to say jungkook totally doesn't remember the recent events though.

silly, taehyung. just change the fxcking topic! bring him back inside and feed him the pills, make him forget fast!

"uh, come on. therapy's over, it's your nappy time. i'll bring you hot chocolate and your pills. come here." he said as he reached out his hand to take hold of jungkook's hand.

but the male crawled back from the stone bench and accidentally landed squarely on his buttocks, causing immediate pain.

he whined and tears filled his eyes as he complained that his head were sore and paining everytime he took the pills.

"stop crying, jungkook-ah!" taehyung sigh.

"you are not a small kid to act like this please. come on let's go, no more excuses." taehyung groan in his deep voice but soon realizing the way he just blurted out of anger.

he deeply regretted those words as he saw the hopeless resignation expressed in jungkook's eyes.

"i'm not.. a small kid.. my name is.. gugu.. and i'm a good boy... but.. i want to see luna.. and.. jimin.. want them.. here..." jungkook's said with a whiny voice which came out broken.

for a moment taehyung cannot find the words. rubbing his hands over his chest, since he's having a hard time breathing.

"i'm sorry, but you can't." because taehyung even have no clue if jimin is still alive after being shot.

nausea, heartburn, headache, low energy all he felt at once. what do you think will happen if jungkook caught that memory of jimin's death due to taehyung pulling the trigger?

suddenly, a distant call pierced the still afternoon air.

"jungkook hyung? oh my god! boss!? where you been? we all thought you was dead."