39 | my universe

a/n: thanks to SnowFlower112955 for recommending the song above. for me, i believe the lyrics fits this chapter :((

cardiac arrest.

the patient didn't make it.

come to the hospital immediately.

he hung up the phone after assuring the doctor he would be in right away and threw on a hoodie over one of taehyung's favorite. it has a sweet smelt of him.

everyone were back to the hospital, along with mr jeon, yoongi, jimin, namjoon, seokjin, luna, yeonjun and tzuyu.

the air was thick with the smell of disinfectant and hurried voices as jungkook sprinted his way down the hallway.

catching a glimpse of his reflection in a window, desperate to reach taehyung's side.

while running he couldn't feel anything but the blood rushing in his veins and taehyung's named repeated as a litany in his brain. taehyung. please stay alive. taehyung. tae-

he saw few doctors and nurses crowded outside taehyung's room.

he ran to them, his sweat damp against his forehead, with concerned eyes, his skin turns unearthly pale when he heard one of the doctor spoke,

"call it, time of death, 2.09 am."

his stomach clenches, anguish bubbles beneath his feet and his soul screams in agony.

jungkook's heart is choked by darkness. deadly spears pierce his muscles, arrows stab him repeatedly. he wishes things had gone differently in their case and not this kind of ending.

his mind was racing with questions 'why this is happening to us?' the moment jungkook heard the doctor declared that unexpected news, his anxiety was weighing heavily on his brain....

namjoon, seokjin, yeonjun and tzuyu went ahead first, and gently touch taehyung's cold hands, his cold cheeks and cold lips. searching frantically for any type of movement. but there was nothing.

"g- guys, tell me h- he's alright." jungkook's voice sounded hesitant, choked. "tell me something!" he screamed for answers.

"i can't..." seokjin started. "he's-" the rest of seokjin's words were drowned in the rushing sound that filled jungkook's ears. like a bomb had gone off; he couldn't hear a damn thing.

"taetae mamaaaa." luna screamed as she dashed into the room. she stood on her tiptoes to reach the bed handle and climbed onto taetae's bed successfully.

next to his body, she laid her head on taetae's still chest. "m- mama, luna is here." she wept softly into taetae's gown, clutching the fabric tightly in her tiny palm as she cried into it.

"mama d- don't sleep, wake up please... open y- your eyes please taetae mama!" she whined and cried even more.

"i promise to stay with y-you- i won't make you cry. wake up and h- hug me back p- please-"

yoongi himself felt so weak seeing luna and jimin cried heavily. it's so heartbreaking to witnessed the innocent child crying like that, mostly in pain and they could detect a slight note of hysteria in her voice.

mr. jeon entered the room in a flash,
he reached out to pick her up but she swatted his hands away and put her tiny arms around taehyung's neck and hugged him tightly.

even though she was only five, she slightly understood only too well what was going on.

carefully grandpa jeon tried again. he cradle her in his arms and rub her back maybe that will help soothe her. "don't worry sweetheart, grandpa is here." he wiped away her tears and walked out the room. swaying his body left and right, hoping the cries would stop long enough to calm her down.

when jimin approached his soulmate, he let a watery chuckle escape his lips before leaning down and kissing taehyung on the forehead. "i love you too, tae." he muttered and took a step back, buried his face on yoongi's chest as he bit his lip to keep from crying out loud.

a minute or two later,

jungkook takes a step forward and strokes taehyung's soft hairs before sitting and scooping up taehyung's limp body in his arms. he held him tightly as he rocked back and forth, spending a long moment alone with his love.

he's actually torn between the expectation imagination in his mind versus the reality. perhaps, the pain is just too much to bear, sometimes.. leaving us emotionally gutted and feeling despair like never before.

staring a little longer.. he notices the other skin was too pale, blue lips, chest was too still. some sad part of him whispered that maybe this was a mannequin and not taehyung.

"tae.. i have not told you before.. i wanna marry you right now. but later, we will get married. in a chapel, and you are going to wear a beautiful white suit, you hear me?" he whispered weakly. "this is non negotiable. i want to see you walk down the aisle to me and make me the h- happiest man in the world."

his voice broke on the last word. he gripped taehyung's hand tight, whispering his name over and over again, kissing taehyung's knuckles.

a life can pass in the blink of an eye as he finds himself holding onto their past memories. the memory of a smile warmer than the sun. a smile that was now hidden away forever..

how can the world be so cruel to us? jungkook thought, anger and hurt colouring his mind. deep sadness, an anguish so deep that it threatened to tear him in two.

the very thought of having to face the world without the love of his life made him shutter. his heart already knew this feeling of loneliness that's about to explode.

the night had ended with jungkook pressing his lips lovingly against taehyung's. it was soft, chaste, and promising.

"now, i'll kiss you forever, taehyung.."

more tears began to spill from his eyes, and his body felt akin to a noodle; he couldn't feel his limbs and he couldn't think about anything other than holding his universe in his arms,

like taehyung was as precious and delicate as diamond crystal~

goodbye, my love.

this taekook moments during ptd in vegas! 🥰