24 | panic triggered

a/n: long chapter making up for the days that i've went absent. any written mistakes are mine :'))

black bold text just to indicate important details. oh, 2269 words!

"i- i am sorry, taehyungie

"i- i am sorry, taehyungie. please forgive me for inflicting unnecessary pressure on you. please forgive me for dragging this matter when you've every rights to be told earlier..

taehyung and jungkook... you both are not at fault in this situation...."

-

guilty feelings started overtaking jungkook. his emotion was written all over his face. he even feel guilty about feeling guilty! you get what i mean?

everything he'd done, it was just all too much. he completely misunderstood taehyung, and he was about to lose his love. but then... is jungkook at fault too? he too, suffered, he fought for his life.

how the hell am i supposed to process this? this is so fucking hurts. maybe i'll even pretend like i didn't know all along that we were doomed from the start.

maybe it will hurt less?

-

"i'm so sorry, taehyung. it's all my fault. i should never have kept anything from you, you have every right to be angry with me. i totally get it if you hate me and my son-"

jeon was rambling now, speaking the truth as pain lashed his voice again, but taehyung cut him off before he could finish his sentence.

"i- it's not your fault. it's not gugu's either. it's fine.. i cannot hate anyone, b- because i don't know h-how to?" taehyung said he's fine but his voice sound so reasonable as if you're dying inside.

surprised. they really thought taehyung will despise them. taehyung is such a sweetheart! he won't simply blame anyone. he just didn't know how to feel and it was absolutely terrifying.

at the moment he wanted to bury his feelings six feet under the ground, under layers and layers of psychological pain and derision. because living, breathing, being an actual human being, ached too much and it's affecting him deeper.

"you are really sweet, taehyungie. just like your mum. again, please forgive me for inflicting unnecessary pressure on you."

jeon apologize once again and explained further details of what's on going. he had actually send someone to investigate laila's hidden will. but it was a little too late.

taehyung's father found out as well, he did through forcing and threatened the lawyer family after he paid the lawyer a hefty sum.

the lawyer, had no choice but to revealed the drafts when jeon approach him, he released the full details only when jeon assured his family safety.

"uncle, what is it written in auntie laila's willed letter?" yoongi asked. the once cold man, his icy behavior now slipping down an ice cube in the heat.