08 | luna

short recap of chapter 07

08 | luna

"kookie papa!" three year old luna yelled out loud, hugging the man. her small arms wrapping around his legs. "happy father's day!"

he scooped luna in his arms, giving a quick peck on her cheeks. "you are so sweet. thank you my little princess."

luna is jungkook's favourite child. she always know how to make the house glow and make everyone she meets to smile.

"welcome back, jungkook-ah, we have dinner ready." the little girl mommy greets from the kitchen. "luna, let papa wash up for dinner first."

"okay, mommy. papa, hurry up!" jungkook nodded and looked around for someone. when he didn't found it, he went upstairs to washed up, get into comfortable shirt and made his way down to the kitchen.

on the table, he saw all of his favorite foods: butter prawn, tomato omelette, potaeto salad, grilled tuna filets and rice balls.

he looked to the two already seated waiting for him, so he sat and enjoyed the food in silence. excited luna spoke non-stop on how she and mommy cooked the food.

"we even have another surpwise after dinner, papa!" squealed luna, from her spot on the table swinging her legs back-and-fourth. her mommy looked at her feeling the amusement as well.

"woah, just what surprise is this?" jungkook asked, not really wanting to know. he appreciate the food, it's just that it had been a long day and he decided he could use a little relaxation before going to meet his boyfriend.

the little girl mommy took this as a chance. "come, we go to the balcony."

the three stepped away from the table and went towards the glass table, on top of it, there's a simple one layer chocolate banana cake covered with white whipped topping.

jungkook had turned pale, already knowing what was coming when he saw the words 'will you marry me?' was written in beautiful script, in blue icing.

before he could speak, jimin already feeds him the cake. "your loving daughter wanted to make you a cake." jimin stared, stifling a laugh at the glare jungkook threw at him.

"and as her father, you should praise her hard work of baking. am i right, luna?"

excited luna nodded and looked at her papa. "you have to eat it, kookie."

he took a bite and chewed it, "hmm... it's good."

"really?" happiness trembling in every syllable of her word. she loves her kookie so much. "mommy taught me how to make them, they're my favorite too. he says i'm just like you."

"oh? how?" jungkook asked with genuine interest.

"mommy said i'm stubborn, i like to get my way, and always watch peppa pig, but i don't look like a pig do i?" luna asked worriedly.

jungkook laughed and shook his head, "no.. of course not. you are my beautiful princess and pretty, just like your mommy."

luna smiled up at him, "really, you think someday i'll be pretty like mommy?"

"you already are." he said, which was true. turning three years old she was a knock out, which was going to be the death of him when boys started noticing her.

jimin almost burst out laughing somehow it sounds fake to jungkook.
well, why bother holding it in anymore?

jungkook's glare was more intense, and jimin could feel the hate radiating off but he did not care.

this was certainly a sight to behold... the things fathers did for their daughters. faking happiness.

jimin regained his composure and about to left the kitchen, not before he whispered into jungkook's ear,

"you promise me a marriage.. but i know you were held back by taehyung. i'm still waiting you know. also.. no harm trying right?"

jungkook was left stunned by this sentence for awhile. they both had talk over this issues and won't discusses it anymore. but why jimin is still so adamant on pressing it?

"jimin, we need to talk. jimin-"

"inseparable since childhood, seperated by third party... i'm hurt, jungkook."
a tear slips down jimin's hurtful eyes.

jimin felt left out eversince jungkook started knowing his friend, taehyung.

years later he's still hoping that jungkook will keep his promise. how can luna live without a complete family?

heartbroken. his heart broken and it can cause the downfall of even the strongest person. no one is immune and it will happen to everyone at some stage in their lives.

you can't control it because it is very difficult to control feelings. you cannot control the way other people feel either.

some things will never be in the power of your hands and one of those, is your heart... and that too, jimin's heart.

 and that too, jimin's heart