32 | epiphany

a/n: long chapter alert 2k words. chapter dedicated for those who wants to see taetae happy moments. i missed everyone anyways😭🌦️

 i missed everyone anyways😭🌦️

taehyung wasn't surprised when luna came home from school sick. he knows luna must've trying to find excuses to not meet her real mommy.

"taetae, i- i don't feel so good." the gloomy little girl complained. to prove her point, she crumpled up her nose and sneezed multiple times.

"aww.. i know you don't, princess." taehyung felt her forehead, and when it was hot to the touch, he quickly got out a thermometer from the cupboard and take her temperature.

it read 37.4. while it wasn't too high, luna definitely had a fever. poor girl, you really down with fever for real.

"when's my mommy coming home?" luna asks with a pout.

taehyung checked the time on his mobile phone. "he should be home in about five and a half hours. come on, let's give you some medicine. you'll also need to take a bath so you can feel bett-"

"no, taetae, nooo. i don't wanna take medicine! it's so gross! please, taetae. no, please.. no.." luna hated medicine. it always made her feel horrible.

taehyung slightly smiling, remembering the time he was task to fed jungkook the amnesia medicine and jungkook pleading not to feed him the tablet because it made his head aching.

"sorry, princess. you have to take your medicine. it'll make you feel better, i promise." well, taehyung too hated the taste, but he wasn't about to tell her that of course.

half an hour later, after making the little girl drank the bitter syrup unwillingly, and another half an hour later in the bath tub. taehyung let luna get into pajamas and then tucked her into bed.

"i don't wanna nap, taetae. it's still so early and mommy going to be home soon!" oh, luna begins to show her small tantrum.

"luna baby, if you take a short nap, your mommy will be home sooner. and that bath made you double extra to feel better, so why wouldn't you take a nap?" he says before he playfully poke luna’s nose, which makes the girl smile immediately.

then he checked his phone again. she will be reaching pretty soon. i have to meet her fast.

"okay.." luna sighed. "taetae, wake me up please when mommy comes home. i missed mommy.." taehyung nodded and luna closed her eyes, liking the feeling of being patted on her butt.

planting a soft warm kiss on her forehead when she finally fall asleep and left the room to inform seokjin about luna's condition.

seokjin was unsure to let the servants look after luna, but taehyung told him he will meet luna's mom with the bodyguards assigned by jungkook, so he need not worry about him.