18 | sleep with a broken heart

"papa, what are you doing?" jungkook questioned his father who is coming down the staircase, carrying his blanket, pillows, bolster and his tata plushie.

"hey, son. well, someone's being discharged tomorrow.. and i think they need the master bedroom more than me. right? we cannot just put him in the guestroom without bathroom." jeon simply said and moved right past his frowning son to the guestroom.

"are you sure? i thought you have nocturia?"

(nocturia is a condition in which you wake up during the night because you have to urinate. sleep disorders/bladder obstruction)

"it's fine... i can just run to the kitchen washroom. but if taehyung needs it, you can't expect him to hopped like a bunny all the way from the guestroom, isn't it?"

"of course not. i'll hired a caretaker to attend to his needs-"

"jungkook? he's on crutches. poor boy. unless... you wanted to shift him to your room?"

"i- no, why my room? we ain't together anymore. it will be awkward for both of us." jungkook delivered his monologue in a deadpan voice. so expressionless.

"yeah, yeah. whatever, son." jeon scoffed at his son as he patted his cheek.

"anyway,  that tata plushie is taehyung's favourite. since when it became yours?"

"since when it became your concern? this tata is your mom and.. auntie laila's favourite. whatever your mom likes automatically become mine now."

they say.. no matter what age you are or what you do in your life, you will always be slightly intimidated by your father and do your best not to upset or disappoint him.

"sorry, papa. hmm.. can i asked one more thing if you.. don't mind?"

"haishh no need to apologize. yeah ask away, my son." jeon said with a soft smile.

"did you really had an affair with taehyung's mom? so.. you.. cheated mom?"

"no i did not cheated on your mom. i truly loved her. but i do cares for laila. she's innocent. jungkook, i will tell the truth only in the presence of taehyung. because this involves his mom."

"that sounds like the perfect plan." he said on an exhale. "but.. when will that be?"

"chill, bruh.. he's still recovering. and it's been a week since taehyung woke up. you still haven't see him? he keeps asking me why you never visited him everytime i drop by-"

"not the right time.... he just wanted to see gugu, not jungkook."

"hmm, what's the matter? now that everything is over. you can act normally in front of him, right? also you act so well that anyone believe your acting. you can won an award for best actor, you know."

"papa.. i'm serious. actually i don't know.. taehyung and i, we have nothing else to talk about, until everything settle.."

actually to be honest, jungkook just wanted to avoid taehyung. he didn't want to talk with him yet, not after he had fooled the younger for 3 months.

"i understand you both need time to sort out your emotions. but try talk to him, at least once. you just have to man up and be brave or tough enough to deal with a difficult or unpleasant situation." jeon shooed his son out after saying goodnight.

"oh! another thing, don't forget to clean and sanitize the master bedroom. now, let me have my sleep."

with one last hug to his dad, he whispered "love you, papa." and he headed slowly upstairs, completely oblivious that jeon had prayed to the angel above for a miracle to replenish his son's happiness...