37 | memory card

continued from chapter 35. no proofreading.

"kim taehyung, you are everything to me, everything i need. you are enough, i don't need anything else," jungkook whispers against taehyung's lips and he has never been more sure of anything in his goddamn life.

"i love you more.. to the moon.. and back." taehyung says easily, and jungkook just smiles. god, he missed that boxy smile.

"i love you too," jungkook replies just as easily. he presses another kiss before pulling away. "now get some sleep, my love. i'll come back tomorrow morning when you wake up." he promises.

taehyung wants to protest, wants jungkook to stay with him. but hospital rules not allowed to do so. he already feel his eyes drooping as the full force of his exhaustion hits him. so, he just nods and closes his eyes.

"sleep, my baby.." jungkook whispers, nuzzling the tip of his nose against taehyung's and covered him with the warm blanket.

"comfy?" jungkook murmured with a press of his lips to the warm creamy skin of taehyung's side neck. breathing in his natural scent and brushing his thumb against his bandaged chest through his hospital gown.

"hmm.. very.." taehyung's voice was soft and coated with babyish tone.

taehyung knows that things aren't going to be magically fixed when he wakes up, but he knows that at the very least, he's got jungkook by his side and that makes him believe that everything is going to be okay.

they returned back to their mansion late at night.

namjin, yoonmin, yeonjun, tzuyu, luna on grandpa jeon's lap and jungkook were all seated on the large couch when they entered the living room.

one of their men was connecting the large lcd television to the vcr (video recording from the memory card) from the desktop.

(remember in chapter 35 taehyung's request before jungkook leave, to bring home the memory card and to watch it with everyone)

"i'm not sure i'll be able to watch this, papa. i just can't shake this feeling that something's not right." jungkook felt a tightness in his chest. he has no idea what the content is, but he is already anxious and depressed.

"my son, i wish this wasn't happening either. this is going to be hard but promise me something, you have to stay strong. do it for me, for luna, and especially, taehyung. promise?"
papa jeon wipes the tears away from his son's cheeks.

luna? that small child leaning her whole body on grandpa jeon's tummy. oh, what you expect from the old man? he's buff but he got some fats for her granddaughter to lean on. okay? okay.

"princess.. are you okay, darling?"

"no kookie papa." she looked nervous. no, she looked… scared.

suddenly the girl craves for the touch from taetae, and not mommy jimin. "i'm scared.. i want taetae... please?" 🥺 she said quietly her voice trembling.