35 | can we kiss forever?

a/n: book cover changed! thanks to Conetty for the effort! ❤️🥳

"i'll t- try my best. thank you for always being there to keep me leveled, papa." jungkook muttered softly, as he stood up and leans his body against the large transparent window glass.

he looks up into the night's sky. a tiny silver of a crescent moon 🌖 has broken the darkness of the night. its silver light has gently illuminated the tops of the canopy over the hospital building.

while the driveways below shows how the night has been shattered with the flashing of blue and red lights breaking the shadows into stark reality ~

what happened today? what happened to his life? only hours ago, he was blissfully happy with his love ones, enjoying the evening breeze from the dark ocean.

where did his life take a wrong turn that would lead to this night?

jungkook paced anxiously, wiping a hand through his hair for the hundredth time. they still hadn't heard anything on taehyung. it. was. killing. him.

he groaned. taehyung really didn't need this happening to him again. i was supposed to be there and protect him! jungkook knew taehyung was selfless and he'd take the blame even though it wasn't needed.

before he could punch the wall with his clenched fist, the double doors opened, revealing a doctor dressed in sea-green scrubs.

"family of taehyung kim?"

yoonmin, namjin, and mr. jeon, who was holding a pouty luna in his arms, all nodded and stood up.

and before anybody else could inquire, jungkook asked, "doctor, h- how is he?" his heart was beating wildly in his chest.

the doctor took a step closer to them and began speaking,

"the surgery went well, we were able to remove the bullet from his chest, though he lost a lot of blood, but we're giving him a transfusion as we speak. fortunately hitting nothing major. however, we're hoping there won't be too many complications during his recovery."

"will there be any major problems for him when he wakes up?" mr jeon asked the female doctor.

"for now, we're not too sure. it really can't be known until he awakes." she told them with a sad smile. "whatever it is, we'll be here to help him get back on his feet." she added once she let the previous information sink in.

they exchange glances and grabbed each other in happiness. relieved to hear that taehyung will be okay, hopefully.

"thank you so much, doctor. when can we go and sit with him?" yoongi enquired and the female doctor suggested within 48 hours and only two people allowed each visit.

you just need to wake up soon so that i can help you to get better, taehyung. just wake up... that's all you gotta' do, baby..

 that's all you gotta' do, baby