19 | emotionally hurt

the next evening,

everyone were schedule to meet in the meeting room requested by jeon.

but a called from insider tells him that the retired officer has,  and jeon taking the responsibility, he brought jimin to meet the man.

so they travelled for 3 hours to daegu. (another hidden spot) finally jimin able to retrieved the truth and nabbed the murderer of his parent.

as for jungkook, after knowing the meeting is cancelled, he simply told taehyung to meet him at the balcony.

painstakingly, taehyung with crutches, limped his way and almost stumbling up flights of stairs. fortunately namjoon and seokjin saw his condition and quickly approaches him.

although taehyung rejected the offer, they both doesn't seem to accept his rejection. they willingly and genuinely assisted because they just can't leave him alone unattended, in a still-healing state of his swelling ankle.

"yahhh! that idiot, how can he asked you to meet him there, but leave you on your own?!" said seokjin in a high-pitched voice that sounded uncannily like our mother's.

the trembling muscles in his leg felt like they'd turned to water but taehyung don't like asking people for help. "it's okay, jinnie hyung. even a snail will eventually reach its destination no matter how slow they move.."

seokjin rolled his eyes, "but you are not a snail?"

"you are right, tae. like a philosophy saying, if you aren't moving at a snail's pace you aren't moving at all."  perfectly believable explanation from namjoon.

"eh, this is not the time to quote a quotes!   but taehyung ah, please if you need help just call me or joon hyung, okay?"

"taehyung..." namjoon grabbed him by the shoulders, forcing him to look straight in the eye. "i know we both not in good terms yet. but seokjin and i, we are not that heartless..." his voice trailed off.

taehyung smiled gratefully. his fears disappeared just a little bit when he saw the look in namjoon's eyes and realized that maybe he was being sincere and trying to be a good friend for once.

"thank you.. joon hyung, thank you jinnie hyung." he conceded quietly not wanting to tear up.

"okay... now you big snail, (pointed to namjoon) please carry this small snail (pointed to taehyung) to the balcony. later that muscle snail will come. let's go." seokjin and the two chuckled and then he ushered them up.

" seokjin and the two chuckled and then he ushered them up