15 | roller coaster ride

out of the ferris wheel and a short walk under the amusement park's lamp lights towards the carpark,

jungkook turned and pulled his daddy into a tight embrace. "daddy, shall we go get ice creams!?" he smiled broadly and taehyung laughed. "let's!"

now they're returning back to the mansion after getting their ice creams at the roadside stall. taehyung even drops by 7 eleven and got a few tubs of ice creams for yeonjun and yuyu.

the ride thus far had been smooth, sweet sailing as the city flashed by outside in a blur of colors, bright golden yellows lamp post and red flashes of traffics.

they were listening to love yourself albums when his phone finally rings and shows yuyu calling. must be worried because it's getting late already.

"hello, we are on the way." taehyung said when he picks up smiling. "i got ice creams for—"

"t- taehyung hyung, h-help me..." yeonjun  stuttered and coughing, his breathing could be heard sounded heavy.

taehyung gasped, "yeonjun? w- what happened!?" his heart stops for a second then it all starts even quicker. jungkook started to look worried looking at his daddy expressions of fear.

"t-there's an explosion here. the r-resident manage to escape. yuyu and i, we run outside-"

"oppa.. h-hurts, ahhhhh!.." yuyu yelled in pain being heard far from the phone. but the moment she screamed, taehyung got shocked and the car swerved, almost lost the control of it.

thankfully jungkook was quick to take control of the steering wheel from his side. although he looked like he was going to cry, he still have to help his daddy.

"daddy? daddy focus!" jungkook shouted out loud and once his hand made contact with taehyung, the latter able to focus solely on his driving.

too focus and then taehyung swatted away jungkook's concerned hands. "okay, okay. i'm fine." taehyung said.

"y- yeonjun ah i'm c-coming okay, stay where i can see you, d-don't go anywhere please." taehyung then hung up the phone. his gut twisted and churned.

he admits he's not that close to yeonjun and yuyu but the two siblings are precious to jungkook. and hearing them screaming for help and in distress suddenly pains him. never once he wanted to see them being hurt.

he took a deep breath trying to calm himself down and steadied his driving. he drive to the said location, where yeonjun and yuyu waited for him, by the roadside short distance from the nursing home.