Chapter 38 - Number 2

So since many of you have asked I thought I'd do a surprise chapter!!!!! I hope you like it!!!! Also if y'all want y'all can check out some of my other stories!!

I breathed in and out nervous as I pulled up to the starting line. " relax", I heard and familiar voice say to me. I turned and smiled to see Brandon leaning into the window. " your gonna do great", he said and clasped his hands together. I looked at him and licked my lips, " I know it's just been a long time since I raced.....and the last time I.....crashed", I said and he looked at me and chuckled. "Mmmmm well let's try not to crash, as much as I'd love to wait on you hand and foot", he said smirking and winked. "I think your brothers, and dad would kill me if I bring you back broken", he said and I rolled my eyes laughing. " whatever", I said laughing and rolled my eye's.  " but seriously good luck", he said and brushed my cheek with his hand. He stepped back and I could help but blush feeling a tingling sensation through out my body. I looked forward and breathed out.

I heard a engine rev beside me and I turned to see James looking at me and he winked smiling. I scowled and looked forward to the girl holding the flag. " are you ready girly!",she yelled pointing to me. I nodded and reved my engine, she smirked and smiled and turned to James. " what about you sweetly", she said pointing to him and he reved his engine twice", I rolled my eyes and tried to loosen my body, I kept my hands closed not too tight around the wheel. " well then I guess...", she said and smirked walking in front of mine and James car."I guess y'all are ready, remember play nice", she said and walked back to the middle of us. " one!!!!!", she said and smirked.

I breathed in as she switched the flags into were she had one in each hand. " two!", she yelled and I heard the crowd getting excited from the sides of us. I breathed out and pushed all there voices out focus on the girl that was swishing the flags back and forth slightly. She smirked and raised both arms into the air. "Thhhhh——reee", she yelled and hair arms came back down to her sides and I punched it taking off James in the same motion. I drove swerving and out of traffic. I felt comfort as the speed filled my soul. I felt like I was flying, every weight that has been on my chest was lifted and I was free.

I breathed out and looked to see James slightly ahead of me and smirked. I see reved in front of the two cars that were ahead of me and now I was next to James. We were running neck and neck, we came to a sharp turn and I turned and so did he and he lost some momentum as we turned out me ahead slightly. I looked at the gps and saw I had 3 more turns before we made it to the destination. I powered forward making it through the next turn, but I noticed James was now behind me, dirty little mmm. I felt a slight tap and I chuckled. Really. I powered forward and he came up beside me he started turning towards and I groaned as I knew what he was trying to do. I wasn't gonna make this turn if he kept pushing me. I looked at the gps and noticed a side ride coming up that would lead me back to the course. I slowed down as I came up on it and turned drifting into it and sped down the road I watched as it rerouted and I drove coming up.

I found the next road and swerved out in front of James. I steadied the car and drove forward. James was behind me and we were inching closer to the finish line I saw the crowed of people ahead. I made the tight space into the blocked off road and James did to and I saw his car jolt forward powering ahead of me. I smiled and saw the glowing red button I flipped the cap and waited I saw the finish line coming soon, I checked my seat belt and then breathed in and out bracing myself. I pressed my finger against the button and I felt my body jolt back as the car sped forward and I swerved around Brenden and I made it past the finish line. I down shifted slowing the car down I smiled as I heard cheering coming more clearer. I turned around at the end and came back up and parking and no sooner I say brenden at my door. Along with his other friends cheering.