{Chapter 1}

It was a warm and beautiful day. The people of Anthreal had a new topic to discuss. A few days ago, something happened that shook the capital city. During broad daylight, a small group of thugs openly attacked and took many women and children hostage.

Before the royal guards could intercede, something unexpected occurred. It was a woman, wearing all dark clothing and a mask that concealed her identity. On her own, she bravely encountered the situation and saved the innocents.

Her skills with the sword were excellent, almost matching the splendor of many known warriors in the kingdom. No one knew who she was. She appeared as swift as a horse and disappeared into the wind.

The news had spread throughout the kingdom, making this the most popular topic. Some thought that she was an angel, the one who was above had sent her to defend the people. Some thought that she was trouble. People debated whether her appearance meant something to the kingdom. They hoped that nothing of misfortune would come in the way of the kingdom's era of long-kept peace.

In the residence of the royal family, was an impatient woman, pacing around the hallway. Her bright emerald eyes shimmered in the light of the sun as she clenched her hands due to the perturbation beating through her heart. Her dark hair was gracefully braided around her head.

She was Queen Catheline, the wife of the King. She had heard the rumors of the masked woman running wild as the other maids and servants would not stop speaking of her. Some said that she was a hero and some say that she is a spy. Most of them were afraid.

When this was informed to the King, he called all of his subjects who were normally the heads of all the noble families. There were no court gatherings as they have been banned for a long time. The door which led to the council chamber was just a few steps away from the nervous Queen.

Inside the room, the air felt cold and ghast. Everyone was speaking their own opinions about how they should deal with the mysterious woman. The King had taken a seat at the end of the long table, his head resting on his fist as he was lost in his thoughts.

Beside him was his most trusted person in the kingdom, the young aide Nathaniel. He is a personal guard and advisor of the King. They had known each other since they were adolescent boys.

Catheline could hear loud voices from the chambers but she could not make any legibility in them.

'It only takes one spark to ignite a flame,' she thought to herself.

But she had done something which was much more severe than the spark. In truth, the identity of the woman, who the entire kingdom had been discussing was not unknown to the Queen.

Because it was her.

What she did that day out of momentary anger has put her husband in a rigid situation. She paced back and forth, waiting for her husband's voice.

Back at the council chamber, there were still mutterings echoing around the room. But most of the men fell quiet as they awaited their King's answer.

King Xander was in a daze. He did not bother the chatter at all because he had been a prisoner of his mind all this time. His mind looked at both situations.

The masked woman could be dangerous and a spy, but her actions speak against that opinion. Yet, he was curious about this mysterious woman and made his seem to have concluded.

Finally, he momentarily raised a hand, wanting all the other noises to recede. The whole room fell silent at the gesture. Outside, Catheline walked closer to the door eagerly listening.

Xander thought about his decision again before speaking. He placed his hand on the smooth wooden table.

"She just could be a traveler from another kingdom," He said, his voice calm. "She saved lives so why is she accused of being a spy?"