{Chapter 46}

Catheline's POV:

Sleep was summoning me. After all, it was night. The full moon was seen after weeks when usually it had been covered by grey clouds. I barely could keep my eyes open when the royal physician spoke up.

"Your Grace?" He called for my attention.

I blinked and looked at him. This evening, I felt a sharp pain in the belly and Karra compelled Nathaniel to call for the physician. When he arrived, she began complaining about how I often lose my appetite and do not take care of myself.

"The more the child grows, the more you have to eat for its sake." The man explained. "However, no one can force the Queen to do something with upsets her."

"So, what can we do?" Karra asked him with an uneasy expression. "The Queen is in her fourth month! And-"

"Just leave her be." The man told her, in his nonchalant voice. "As long as she is fine and very careful, the Queen can do what she wishes to,"

I smiled sheepishly and caressed the little bump. Your mama is so excited to see you, little one.

"Thank you for your advice," I said and dismissed him.

Karra sighed as she shut the doors and approached me. She reflected a guilty look on her face.

"I am so sorry, Your Grace," she told me while scratching her head.

"You are too much," I humphed and turned away.

"Please don't be mad at me!" She muttered hurriedly. "I only called him because I was worried about you,"

After a few moments, I smiled. "I know you do,"

We talked about a few more things before she approached the window. She returned with the bird cage and placed it on the nightstand.

"Hello, little one..." I peered into the cage.

Ferus the Hawk was twittering as soon as it saw me. I was happy to hear these chirpy noises again. I was concerned that I had been feeding the bird too much food. Eliot assured me that it was alright.

"Please tuck in, Your Grace," Karra spoke as she flattened the warm blanket near my feet. "I shall wake you up early on the morrow,"

"Please do," I answered back. My brother will leave tomorrow. I would miss him dearly.

Karra bowed and moved towards the door. Suddenly, I heard a gasping sound. I was alarmed and sat up straight.

"Who is it, Karra?" I called her out.

Silence. However, my fears dissipated when I saw a familiar face, approaching the bed. I heard the door shut then.

"I was just talking to the doctor," he said as he stood before me. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, husband," I smiled and patted the bed for him to sit on. He looked at me for a few moments before settling.

Xander was looking as gorgeous as always. For some reason, he looked even more stunning tonight. Or perhaps it was just me.

"We barely had talks these few days," I told him and leaned back on the pillow. "So you must have something vital to say,"

He sighed and looked at me. He looked strained. "Yes, I do,"

I stared at him before looking away. He looks serious and I assumed that it was an important matter. Was it anything about the enemy?

"I wanted to talk about us tonight,"

I looked at him, slightly confused. "Us?" I repeated. What was there to talk about us? We did not have any fights for a long time.

"Your brother talked to me this morning." He said. "And...he did say many things,"