{Chapter 75}

Xander's POV:

I just could not believe it was real.

I assumed that something would happen but I did not even think that it would lead to this. At first, I thought that she might refuse. I should have known better that she would be the one who would initiate it.

Even if this was not the first time, I wished that it was. Because this was far better than the last time. All these thoughts made sure that I had no sleep. Even if hours had passed.

"Catheline?" I whispered into the dark.

I heard no response. I turned to glance at her back. Of course, she would be the most exhausted. I moved on my forearm but soon understood that it was a bad idea.

Because while we were...enjoying the night, I might have been too rough that she dug her nails into my back. It was pain. But it felt good.

I looked at my wife once more before holding her curls and playing with them.

"Are you asleep?"

To my surprise, she began to stir. I sat up straight just as she sharply turned around, fully awake.

"What?

It seemed that I was not the only one who was not able to sleep. The chambers were lit up only by the flames of the brazier. Except that, it was quite dark. But even if that was the case, I could still see her properly.

Just thinking about her made me go restless. Her twinkling green eyes could tell a thousand tales. I just could not get enough of staring at them.

But this time, I got much more than her lips. I had seen way more than that tonight. Way more. Even if I failed to set my emotions right, I did not hate this night.

"How was my performance?"

"Xander..." she sighed, as she held the duvet in her hands. "This is the third time you are asking that question,"

I shook my head. "My apologies. I just cannot sleep,"

Maybe I should not disturb her while she was peaceful. Was she? I heard her waking up and nearing me.

"Do you wish to do it again?---"

"No!" I blurted out. After seeing her expression, I quickly shook my head. "I mean yes! No--- I meant that for today...that's enough..."

She inspected my face for a clear minute before bursting into laughter. Hearing that made me blush stupidly.

"Stop being so nervous, husband," she finally spoke.

"How can I not be nervous?" I retorted. "I have seen something I was never supposed to see,"

"So my body is something that is never supposed to be seen?"

"Stop twisting my words, Catheline,"

She shook her head. "No need for that. Your words are twisted enough,"

For a moment, she sounded hurt. What the hell did I do? I never meant to say something hurtful. I moved toward her and held her hand.

"I am sorry,"

She looked at me with a sad pout for a moment before she started laughing again.

"You are so fun to tease,"

I sighed at her antics before smiling at myself. "Never do that again,"

Catheline sprung into my arms after a pause, startling me. She settled her head near mine affectionately while I wrapped my arms around her.