{Chapter 32}

Catheline's POV:

As there was no storm or rain outside, the night remained peaceful. For the last few months, I found myself talking to my father a lot through letters and was waiting for a perfect climate to send him another. He had been delighted when he got the news of my pregnancy and wished to accompany me but couldn't because of his responsibilities.

One thing that I found strange was that neither of us seemed to mention my brother. That was because I believed for years that I was the only child. But he knew all my life that his son was alive somewhere.

Eliot Starlyn.

He is aware of my curiosity about my brother but ever since the news of my pregnancy reached him, he didn't bother to talk about him. He must be feeling strange, just as I was. Or they just don't share a friendly relationship.

I was reading a book, wrapped in warm blankets, and something to eat placed beside me. This little child was very demanding and I had to eat more so I could give him sufficient nutrients. The physician said that I might gain weight after giving birth but that did not bother me.

As long as my child was healthy.

I heard the door open. I looked up to see that it was Xander. A wide smile appeared on my lips the moment I saw him. I knew he would come.

"I thought you would be asleep," he said, smiling.

"I wasn't that sleepy," I replied as I shut the book close.

He sat on the edge and I moved a little closer toward him. He looked as if he just faced something serious.

"What happened?" I asked with a questioning look. He looked at me with a composed expression.

"Are you sure you are comfortable with these sessions with Lady Tremaine?"

I fell silent, recollecting what happened this morning. Maybe Karra blurted out everything to Xander in her anger. "I can manage," I reassured him.

"I can send her away if you wish to"

"I guess I could bear her for some time," I interrupted,  moving a little closer to him. "Is there anything else that you wish to say?"

For a moment, he seemed hesitant about what he had in mind. He took a deep breath and pulled out something white from his pocket. "I received this letter from one of the council member's residences."

He held his hand with the letter for me to take. I stared at it with apprehension. There were some things that I better not know. But all of this showed that Xander trusted me; which was enough for me. I took the letter and opened it to read.

'Your Majesty, King Xander. This is Aris Daven, your loyal subject. I am afraid to say that I do not have much time left. There is something that needs to be known by you that I can't disclose in this letter. It must help you with your troubles. Therefore, I request to see you one last time.'

When I was done, I looked at Xander anxiously. What does this mean?

"I decided that I will go and visit him," Xander told me, taking the letter back.

That made me freeze. "Where do you have to go?"

"A little away from the capital. That's where the Davens live," he said before sighing. "This is the least I can do for him,"

Feeling uneasy, I gently caressed my belly. From the capital city where the castle is, it might take an entire two days to travel. "It's your decision," I concluded. "He might have something very crucial to say,"