{Chapter 30}

Catheline's POV:

"If you knew...why did you not tell me about this earlier?"

"I had to be sure of it---"

"Yet, you knew,"

"I told you, Xander. It was a simple assumption,"

"Your Majesty, please calm down. The Queen is just tired. But she might wake up any moment,"

"Are you sure about your statement, Doctor?"

"Yes, Your Majesty. There is no doubt,"

I shuddered a little and opened my eyes. All I could see was a blurry vision of someone beside me.

"Xander?..."

I felt someone grasp my hand. It felt so warm, the entire atmosphere did. My eyes began to regain their ability and could see that it was my husband beside me. He was watching me as if I had woken up from the dead.

"I shall take my leave, Your Majesty," I heard someone's voice.

"Make sure to be present whenever required. We might need your assistance, Gabriel," Lady Daraa's voice echoed in the room.

"Yes, Lady Daraa. I shall prepare the necessary medicine. Though I must say that you have done a very fine job with it,"

A few moments later, I heard someone close the door. I shifted my position to glimpse at who else was present in the room, only to see Xander and Lady Daraa.

"What happened?..." I asked them, uncomfortably aware of their sight of me.

The pain in my stomach seemed to vanish but I felt slightly uneasy about moving my limbs. Xander momentarily averted his gaze. while Lady Daraa looked at me with a wide smile. She looked as if she tried to stop smiling but could not help.

"Am I dying?..." I asked them, trying to fill the silence.

"What?" Xander's head snapped as he turned to me. His look was the one held with terror at my conclusion. "Catheline, of course not. What made you say so?"

"I...I just had a thought..." I told while blushing. Seeing his concern glowing like the sun made me forget myself for a moment. "I never felt unwell like this before,"

"You are not dying and are completely fine in health. Except...there is an addition,"

"An addition?" I repeated.

"Have you ever experienced this before?" she inquired, holding her left wrist in her other hand.

"Not exactly," I replied, unsure of where this was heading.

"I see. No wonder you thought of such ominous thought," she replied, with a small head nod.

I gave her a confused look before turning to Xander. He seemed to be too preoccupied with his thoughts to take part in this conversation.

"Xander, what is wrong with me?" I asked him while tightening the grip on his hand.

"There is nothing wrong with you," he stated slowly. His tone indicated depression and that made his words not convincing.

"It would be fitting if you were the one who told her, Your Majesty," Lady Daraa's voice rang in my ears.

I stared at both of them, in utter confusion as my mind grew discontent. The memories of what happened before this rushed into my head.

"What about Nathaniel?" I asked him. Those were the words that made Xander glance at me.

"Catheline, do not be concerned about the issues that make you worry, because of you..."