{Chapter 72}

Catheline's POV:

"Your father had sent you something," Xander said, as soon as we began walking toward another location.

I was sure that the silly smile that hung on my lips never left me. I was in such a good mood that nothing could ruin it. We were walking, hand in hand, until we came across my brother in the hallway.

"Took you two long enough," He said and gave us a mischievous smile. "I was starting to think that you would never return,"

"Well...Xander said that father sent me something?" I questioned, raising my eyebrow for a reply. "Where is it?"

"For that, we have to go to the stables,"

"Stables?"

I wondered what it could be. Well, there was only one thing that can be kept in a stable; a horse.

"Catheline?"

I looked at my husband, who seemed to have remembered something important. He looked at the corner of the hallway and turned back to face me.

"I am sorry that I can not accompany you any further, love," he said, scratching his neck nervously. "I have something to attend to at this moment,"

I was more flabbergasted by what he called me that I forgot to respond. Thankfully, my brother intervened and held my arm.

"I will be more than happy to take my sister with me," he said, grinning. "You can go attend to that something, good brother,"

Only after Xander left that I was able to speak. Love. My cheeks flushed and Eliot did not fail to notice.

"Did he finally confess?" he questioned, walking forward and urging me to do the same.

I peered through my eyelashes and slapped his shoulder, not that harshly but enough for him to welp.

"What do you know about it?..." I said, in a dazed tone.

Today felt like a dream. And I never wanted to wake up if it was.
.................................................................

We reached the royal stables in a few moments. I could see many men, who were in charge of taking care of the mounts during winter. They all bowed politely and wished me sincerely for my birthday.

"She was just getting grumpy, Prince Eliot,"

I turned around sharply and saw a familiar face. He was approaching us, wearing dark-shaded woolen garments and gloves. He looked quite ridiculous as the gives were quite plumpy.

"Ser Jerold!" I smiled at him. "You are here too?"

"As the Crown Prince's aide, I had to follow him to make sure he does not act improperly---"

"Hush now, Jerold!" Eliot's scream silenced him. But it did not silence his laughter.

"Anyways..." he sighed and looked at me. "Happy birthday, Your Grace,"

I nodded, feeling delighted to see familiar faces. Jerold walked forward which urged me and my brother to move forward.

"I do not go riding much," I whispered to Eliot.

"From now on, you will," he shrugged. "Because I think you will be surprised to see who it is,"

I raised my eyebrow and shook my head at him. But his words had latched into my head. I hated to be in suspense. As we reached a particular area, there were very few horses around.

My eyes watched all of them and I was so busy that I did not notice that Jerold was bringing one of them. But the moment my sight fell on it, I was astonished.