{Chapter 49}

Catheline's POV:

"Your Grace, the King is here,"

I looked up and let out a weary smile. It had been a while since I settled back into my chambers. For some reason, I felt that my entire body was surprisingly exhausted. Karra chuckled to herself and quickly left my room. A few moments later, Xander walked in.

"How do you feel now?" He asked, approaching my bed.

"Tired," I replied slowly.

He gave me a concerned look before sitting beside me. He was, as always, handsome. Sometimes, it was hard to believe that I could control myself when I am with him.

"Being pregnant is not easy. There is so much you have to face later on," he said calmly while holding my hand.

"Now when did you become an expert in this subject?" I teased him while grinning.

"That remains a secret for now," he answered back quickly, trying to cover up the redness on his face.

I nodded and suddenly remembered the incident that happened this morning.

"What about you? Was everything alright this morning?"

He looked at me, with no emotions before nodding. But I was not convinced. After looking at me one more time, he quickly pulled out a letter from the pocket of his breeches and gave it to me.

"It's Duke Darwin Esther." He said, nonchalantly.

I quickly read the letter and was not surprised to know about this. Xander always suspected this man and his uncertainties turned out to be true. I narrowed my eyes at a particular word for a while.

"He was the one who sent that maid to spy on the castle," Xander revealed. "I think you remember her,"

I sighed and rested my arms on my lap. For some reason, I was not as shocked as I should be. Perhaps I was too weak to react ta the moment. I simply stared at the paper.

"Erolasiv?" I said slowly. "I never heard of such a place,"

"You are right, Catheline. That place is not located anywhere near Anthreal. But this word had been repeated so many times and has been associated with the traitors. First, Sunster, and now..." 

"You have more loyal people now," I assured him and held his hand. "You should not waste your time on people who do not deserve it,"

He stared at me before nodding. I smiled and put my attention back on the paper. I turned it upside down for a few moments.

"What if Erolasiv is not a place?..." I asked, biting my lip.

Xander looked at me in uncertainty before taking a look at the paper.

"I suspect that this is where the enemy stays currently," he said.

"Do you think such a cunning man would reveal where he is located? I think this is a trick. Or a code," I said confidently. "Erolasiv must mean something else,"

He looked away as if he was giving my opinion a thought. I returned the paper and leaned back. These days were so incoherent and it was hard remembering some events.

It had been four months since I had been Lady Cassandra. Four months since I held my sword. If the past me knew about this, she would be so furious.

For some reason, that made me chuckle. I still remember how fussy and adamant I was about practicing the sword. I used to sneak out at night just to train myself. And every time, I was caught by my father or someone else.