{Epilogue I}

Catheline's POV:

'After all these years, I think you understand my actions, Cathy. I hope you aren't bearing any grudges against me, daughter. Your sword shall return to its rightful owner and I'm sending Eliot to bring it to you. Perhaps this time, you might convince him to get married. I'm not jesting.'

I laughed as soon as I finished the letter. But the most interesting part was that...father was giving me back my weapon. I clutched the letter and stood up.

"Where will you be, Your Grace?" Lucy asked as she helped me with the cloak.

"Near the summer house," I told her because I knew that was where those three were. "Also, prepare that batch of muffins. I need to have those."

"Understood," she nodded.

I understood that it was getting too hard for Lucy to take up many responsibilities. Ever since Karra married two years ago, she has trained Lucy regarding all her duties. But she insisted that she should continue to serve me, reasoning that she could work just like Leon did in the royal guard.

"I need you to rest and enjoy your married life, Karra," I told her. After taking a break, she realized that she wanted to open a bakery business and I approved heartily.

Even if I would miss Karra, I can't stop her from thriving in life.

After reaching the halls, I watched the windows and the soft fall of the snow. Looking back, I couldn't believe five years had already passed. It didn't seem like much time had passed and yet it had. I could recollect all the picnics and trips I went on with my family over the years.

My little family.

After stepping into the gardens, I walked towards the summer house. From the distance, I could see the three huddled closer and my husband narrating some wild tale. Xander took up his role of father rather elegantly and made it his duty to entertain and spend time with his children.

"And then what happened?" Xavier squeaked. "Did you push him or did he push you, Papa?"

"If he pushed me, I wouldn't have been here, would I?" Xander said and it sounded like a scoff.

They were so busy that they hadn't heard my footsteps. Xavien, five and dashing, became a sweet boy. He listened to everything we said and was patient in his approach. It was almost unfair how fast he was growing up.

"Tell us another story," another little voice asked. "A scary one."

I found my second boy, Caspain, huddled in Xander's cloak. We had him two tears after our first and from the moment they laid him in my arms, he refused to leave my side. As a newborn, he was insistent that I stay with him. And because I couldn't bear to hear him cry, I obliged.

"You will get scared, sweet cake," I said. Three heads turned to me and Caspian jumped away from his father to hug my legs.

"Mama!" he whined, looking up. "I'm a big boy now! I want scary stories!"

I shook my head before sitting next to Xander. As soon as I did that, his hands snaked around my waist and pulled me closer.

"I missed you, wife," he whispered in my ear and I knew what that voice promised.

"The children, Xander," I moved forward and pulled Caspian onto my lap. Xavien rested in elbows on his father's leg and his face looked a bit too red.

"How long were you three here?" I asked and caressed his cheek.

"Three hours!" Caspian shouted gleefully but pointed only two fingers up. I smiled and corrected him.