{Chapter 84}

Catheline's POV:

"Your Grace!" the man shouted, as he tried hard to catch up with my long strides.

"Hurry up, Mister Mildred,"

"I am not this worthy---"

I halted in my tracks as I turned to look at the man. He was a bit shorter than me and held a terrified expression as his hands carried many scrolls and books.

"You have provided me tremendous help, sir," I smiled with cheer and confidence. "The King and I shall reward you for it. Is this not what you wanted?"

The man hesitated as he glanced around hurriedly. "I-I am more than grateful for being acknowledged for my work, Your Grace...But f-facing an entire council of important people is too much!"

His complaints made me fall quiet. After three more days of exploration and discussions, I managed to discover something crucial. It would change the entire course of this war and would be benefiting to Xander. Hence, I made sure to check every little detail before waiting for the right moment to reveal the news.

And today was the day.

There was a council meeting occurring right at this moment. Almost all the men were present and what could be a better chance than that?

"Be brave, sir," I told him with a kind smile. "Bad deeds can never be rewarded and good deeds can never be punished,"

The words seemed to have some impact on him, as he straightened himself to appear more convinced.
Just then, Karra and Lucy made their way behind us.

"Stay there," I told them and continued walking toward the council chambers, this time with a much more confident Mister Mildred.

When we reached there, I noticed that a familiar figure was guarding the doors. When he looked at me, he quickly approached to give his respect.

"Your Grace," he spoke with a wide smile. "The King---"

"Open the doors, Leon," I returned the smile with a gesture.

Leon looked flabbergasted as he shifted his sight at me, then at the man behind me, and finally at the door.

"I-I was told not to allow---"

"And does that rule apply to me?" I questioned kindly. It made him quiet and after some reluctance, he walked toward the door.

I entered and when I saw the gathering, a sudden and uneasy feeling took over me. All of the men stood up politely and greeted me, making the one man who sat turn around.

"Wife?" he called, getting on his feet.

I kept on staring at him until I found both my elegance and spirit. I gave him a composed smile before clasping my hands and walking forward until I reached my husband's side.

"Hopefully, I was not interrupting anything, My Lords," I expressed, glancing at every single man. There were at least seven of them and only one did I know.

If it was any other situation, I would have been frightened but now, only determination ruled over my thoughts.

"Nothing of that sort," I felt someone hold my hand. I looked at my husband, watching me with a look that was a mixture of shock and concern. "Are you alright?"

"This is not about me," I gently moved his hand away. I could not let him act in front of his subjects like this.

I turned my attention back to the curious men and cleared my throat.

"I shall be straightforward," I said calmly. "Every man in this room knows of our situation in this war. The enemy is relentless with his attacks and schemes and there might be more to be foreseen and found,"