{Chapter 31}

Narrator's POV:

{Three months later}

All the disputes have been subsided. There was no news about anything strange for the last few months. It was such a peaceful time and came off as strange for many. There was good news being circulated among the people.

The castle stood still and beautiful. Every single person living there was very busy. The dull rainy days were almost coming to an end. Two maids who had been sweeping the garden were conversing.

"Have you heard the latest news?" One of them asked the other.

"What?"

"I heard...that the Queen broke down into tears and smacked his Majesty hard!" The girl whispered quickly.

The other maid gasped before breaking into giggling. "And what is Majesty say?"

"Of course, he couldn't say anything!" The first girl said as a matter of fact. "The King dotes on the Queen,"

The maids smiled before continuing with their work. Suddenly, a loud-pitched scream echoed through the royal gardens. The maids turned their heads only to freeze in shock.

"Your Grace!" A red-haired girl yelled while running around the verandah. She looked at the maids and approached them quickly.

"Have any of you seen Her Grace?" She asked hurriedly.

The girls looked at each other and then at the girl. They shook their heads. They knew who this other girl was. She was Karra, the beloved maid of the Queen.

Ever since what happened recently, there have been a lot of responsibilities put on her shoulders. Karra had to stay near the Queen at all times to ensure her safety and well-being. Although it was the Queen who caused trouble, it was Karra who had to pay the price.

Her mood changes every moment and no one knows what to expect. One time, she bursts into anger, and the other, she cools down as calm as a winter morning. Soon, a group of maids came rushing to the spot.

"Have you found her?" Karra asked them wildly.

"No,"

"We didn't find her,"

"Lady Daraa wishes to see the Queen," a girl reported.

Karra grabbed her hair in frustration and groaned. "She is going to have my head if we don't find her Grace soon!"

Meanwhile, a woman smiled behind the bushes and walked deeper into the gardens. She walked slowly while hiding from her maids. She knows why the stern Lady Daraa has called her.

She didn't want to listen to some woman talking about all the things she should take care of after she had given birth. Staying put in one place was something she did not desire to do.

Catheline pouted as she caressed the small bump on her belly. It was not so big or so small. But it was fragile and she would do anything to protect it no matter what.

"You aren't even born yet and look at what they are making me go through!"

The life growing inside her was already four months old. She spent every day for the past few months going through mood shifts and constant hunger. She was often smiling and found herself talking to her child, knowing that it would hear her somehow.

She had grown very much attached to the life she carried within. As she was walking, a sudden shout alerted her.

"Search the gardens! The Queen is probably in there!"

She squealed and ran away quickly. No! That woman whom Lady Daraa had hired was very tedious to listen to. The only reason she stayed quiet was the respect she held for the one who called her.