29

tw // death, suicide
Author POV
"mom..." hyunjun kneeled in front of the grave, his mother's.

he tried to not cry but some tears already rolled on his cheek out of his eyes. he fanned his nose as he pretended to yawn while another hand wiping the tears. its his habit, a weird habit that author has too (sudden tmi lmao)

"i didn't know she would end her life that way. i should've stayed with her when she kept asking me to leave her alone...", his father sniffed.

hyunjun looked at his father.

he looked... weird.

he appeared... weak, the weak side of him that he never wanted to show. but it looked... a bit weird, like it is... fake? he doesn't know how to put it in words. its his first time to see his father being sad.

"dad...", he wanted to comforted his own father, but he doesn't know how.

"it's okay... im okay... what about your sister? is she coming already...?", he asked, sniffing in between sentences. hyunjun checked his phone as he shook his head, "i sent her messages, but she hasn't see them yet". his father just nodded

"call her if she hasn't come in 6pm"

-

"son"

"yes?", hyunjun ran to his father.

"you should go to school tomorrow, even if you aren't supposed to. im sure that your mother wouldn't want to see you neglecting your school for her...", his father tried to persuade him. "b-but..."

"no buts."

"... can't i at least stay at home a day...?", he pleaded.

"no"

hyunjun stood up and walked away. he doesn't understand, most people will take a week off. but he, is not allowed to. its not that he wanted to skip school and classes, it's just that he's too tired for any of that.

now that he lost the only happiness in the house. he lost his mother, while his sister is away from home, and his father...

hyunjun's father, he is more of a tough person. he doesn't allow him to cry, he get mad whenever he got the news that his son is sick. he hates his own son that seem... 'weak'. he was never there, when his son needed someone. he always have to pretend that he is happy around his father, he hated that.

there were times when he wanted to escape from his father, too. times when he imagined himself to become rich in the future and buy a house for only him, his mother and sister, just the three of them, without his father.

hyunjun called his sister, and no one picked up.

"noona... pick up please, i begged you...", he started to cry hardly. now that he needs someone, he feels lonely, but no one's there for him, not even his father.

-

hyunra woke up in eric's warm embrace. she carefully move as she successfully got off the bed without waking her sleeping baby up. she took her phone out of the luggage, finally checking her phone for the first time since they arrived at lotte world.

8 missed calls from precious boi
kakao talk: 10 messages from precious boi

she covered her mouth as she read the messages. as much as she wanted to cry and let all the emotions out, she can't. she missed the timing.