1. Arrival

You shrugged off your coat, shaking the rain from it before bunching it up and stuffing it into your leather messenger bag.

The lobby of the small office was warm and dry compared to the damp fall outside. The wind howled, rain bashing upon the glass doors. It was especially cold now, at 10 pm. You scraped your boots on the carpet, hoping to track as little mud as possible into the clean modern office building.

You checked your phone again, looking at the address your lover had sent you. You really couldn't be sure if it was the right building, but you weren't looking forward to going back outside, so you checked the large map splayed across the wall in the parlor before heading towards the elevator.

You stepped in, noticing a mother and a child, the kid sniffling as if they had gotten hurt. You assumed they had probably gotten a flu shot, judging by the bandaid and cotton ball stuck on their shoulder. They stepped out, the mother giving you a weak smile before the elevator doors closed. You jammed the floor 4 button with your thumb, attempting to shake the water from your head.

About a minute had passed when the elevator dinged and the doors spread open. You stepped out, patting down your sweater. Counting the number of doors, you strode over to door 416, knocking lightly. You heard a soft and muffled "come in!" before you opened the door.

The office had a bright LED sign, right behind the monitor and camera. There was a floral-printed armchair in front of the desk, and a couple of band posters littered the cozy room.

In the middle sat a burnt caramel mass. He waved at you, dragging you to sit beside him in a fold-up chair. You set your bag down beneath your feet, smiling and kissing his hair in a chaste fashion.

"Chat, this is my partner." He grinned, face tinted light rouge. The beam on your face only widened.

"And soon-to-be spouse." You raised your left hand.

-

idk man

fuck

wilbur's so easy to write for so I hope y'all like wibby foot content

-pigeon