23. Little I Love Yous

You and Techno weren't very lovey-dovey people. You didn't do the stereotypical stuff, like go out to fancy restaurants, or share intimate kisses in public for dozens to see. Heck, the two of you didn't even act like you were dating, bickering like old friends would, poking fun at anything and everything. You could count the number of times you've kissed his lips on your fingers.

And yet, you knew your relationship was built to last. The both of you weren't necessarily good at communication, but you managed just the same. Little sticky notes stuck on the stainless steel refrigerators, saying "I'm going out for the mail really quickly" or "I'm taking a bike ride". Plus, it was more fun in a sense, leaving notes for each other to find later.

When you moved in with him, he insisted on making it a contest on how many boxes each of you could bring in from the moving truck. By the afternoon, your arms were sore from carrying pounds and pounds of objects, while he lifted the small box with hoodies with ease, shoving them into his jacket drawer. He teased you a bit but finished the job for you eventually.

On cold days in the house he would tuck his hands in your pockets, and if you weren't wearing anything with pockets, he would slips his icy fingers under your shirt. You would wriggle, slapping his arms, and he would let out a throaty chuckle, setting his head on your shoulder.

Sometimes he would steal your "English Teacher" cardigans, strutting around the apartment pretending to be a clone of you, mocking everything you did poorly. If you were making coffee, he was making coffee. If you were walking Floof, he was walking next to you in the same manner. 

When he would stream late into the night or hardcore grind in Minecraft, you would sit in a chair beside him, struggling not to falling asleep. His little comments every now and then made you snort quietly. Sometimes when you did it a bit too loudly, he would tell the chat it was Floof, who was just innocently chewing on a bully stick in your shared bed.

It wasn't the dream relationship for everyone, but it was enough.

-

I'M LATE BY SEVEN MINUTES I'M SORRYYYYYY

-pigeon