10. Paperwork

You wearily sorted through the stack of paper, briefly scanning each one. Quackity was being an ass, and he decided the casino would be renovated next June, taking advantage of the summer crowd.

You signed a couple pages, coughing. Your dry throat burned slightly, and you reached for your cup of coffee, finding it empty. You frowned, setting it down.

The dim light of the computer lit up your face, the only source of light in the room. Your desk was too crowded for any lamp or candle.

Someone knocked twice gently on the door, surprising you. You dropped a paperclip, flinching.

"Come in." You bent down to grab it, hearing the door creak open. Judging by how soft the footsteps were, it was probably Fundy, asking for something.

"Quackity's Secretary from Las Nevadas?" A voice asked.

Ah. It was Charlie.

"You can use my name. Shut the door." He obeyed, closing it, one hand on the door knob, another on the wood near chest level.

"Sit." You gestures to two of the mismatched arm chairs in front of your desk. He stood next to you instead, looking over your shoulder.

"What's that?" He motioned towards the papers in your hand.

"Paperwork. We're making the casino bigger."

"Wow!" You looked up at him, genuine wonderment in his eyes. He set his arm on your shoulder, dampening your white dress shirt.

You offered a tired smile, taking his hand from where it sat on your shoulder, placing a chaste kiss on the back. You let go, wiping your mouth of any left over slime.

You could feel him doing a happy dance behind where you sat.

-

late update

night y'all

-pigeon