28. The Cemetary

You set the bouquet of sweet peas down, along with the box of cake on his grave. No one bothered that much to visit him at all, and you knew you were the only one that cared enough to bury his body. The wildflowers that curled around his headstone were white clovers, growing in tall patches. 

"I miss you." You shuffled, a knot in your stomach. "You made me look forward to... well... waking up." 

"I hope you're doing better. I'm not." You snorted, chuckling slightly. "I could be better. But I'm not. Because then I'd have to forget you, and that's the last thing I ever want to do."

"I don't think of joining you, not because I think I'm better than you, but because I want you back. In the physical world, where I can look forward to waking up again." 

You fish out one last thing from your inventory.

It's a framed photo of the man. He's sitting on a couch, out of his suit jacket, ruffling your hair affectionately. You can't see your own face, but you can see him, a broad grin spread across his face. It's ever so slightly covered by his mustache, a bottle of liquor in his other hand.

Even looking at the picture, it's clear he's genuinely happy, under the influence of alcohol or not.

You stand up, patting the headstone.

"Bye, Schlatt."

A faint figure, barely visible, waves back. 

"It's Glatt now. Thanks, kid."

-

love me some good angst 

not sure this can be counted as such but who cares I sure as hell don't 

haha suffer

no my updates will not get any faster I'm just very in the mood to speedrun my writing 

-pigeon