I have given up on good titles but here is a chapter

Breakup because I am sad and you will also have to be sad because I said so look I don't know what I'm doing rn just vv tired of dealing with other people's shit

valentine's special but I'm fucking single and sad so no love for you lmao

-

The apartment is small, cozy enough to house maybe 2 people, occasionally a guest, comfortably. Currently, only one person resides in it. You sit at the coffee table in the living room kitchen combination whatever, you can't think of what it's actually called right now, watching another episode of some mundane show that only serves as background sounds to your cloudy thoughts. Your old baby blanket is wrapped around you. The soft fabric that sits against your body is actually the outside. The inside is a rougher material you don't like the feel of.

The air used to not smell like anything, with him around all the time. Now the comforting old book smell is gone, the one that you got so used to that you couldn't pick it out except when you came back from a particularly long day of work. It's replaced by something you recognize as your smell.

It's something like a sweet dead bug, in a good way. Like an old dragonfly carcass you left in the cupboard too long. The cupboards smell like old sugar, so the dragonfly body smells like old sugar, but slightly more burnt. That's what he told you. He told you that every day you came home, and he would pull you into his chest and inhale deeply, telling you that you smelled like a candied darner.

The moment he left, you could feel the shift in the home. It didn't feel like something you wanted to live in anymore. It was cold, though that might be because of the winter biting at your feet from your refusal to wear shoes in the house that you practically killed him for each day, for stepping on the carpet with his sneakers.

The life was drained from the shell of the once comforting apartment. You didn't see the charm that he did when he decided that this one was the one he wanted to buy like you used to. The sun that once shone through the windows like a gentle hand peeking through a curtain to brush it aside was gone, blinds always shut. The constant buzz of music from the kitchen was gone, you had stopped playing music a long time ago. It reminded you too much of him, and that opened up a deep wound.

You reached your hand out to grab the mug of day-old tea. It smelled faint, you never liked your tea very strong. The bitterness would bite at your tongue. The watery liquid hit the back of your throat, the sandpapery itch in your neck dissipating.

Someone frantically knocked at the door, hurriedly and quickly. You flattened your hair, pausing your show, and putting your blanket on the couch you were leaning against.

Not bothering to look through the peeper, you opened the door to come face to face with him.

Him.

Nick.

He hadn't changed a bit since you last saw him. The same dimples when he smiled his crooked smile, the same stray cowlicks that he hid with his various baseball caps, the same hopeful glint in his eyes. He held up a plastic bag of various chips, candy, and drinks. The dim glow from his phone told you it was 2 am.

You shut the door in his face.

When you opened the door again, you punched his solar plexus half-heartedly, making him stumble back and lose his footing on your old welcome mat. 

"You absolute ASSHOLE. YOU FUCKING IDIOT." You can barely look at his face you're so angry. You pull him by his shirt into the apartment, fuming. "So you disappear after leaving me a fucking note explaining that 'you're moving into your friends house', block me on all social media AND MY PHONE NUMBER, AND YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO SHOW UP AT MY DOOR LIKE I OWE YOU SOMETHING?" You slam the door shut, keeping your argument inside your home.

"I-"

"Shut up. Go sit on the couch, I'm gonna get some hot water for you." 

You grab a random mug of water, filling it up with tap water and slamming it in the microwave as angrily as you can manage. You can see him flinch as he sets his bag of concessions down on the couch next to where you were sitting earlier. 

"AND TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF FOR CHRISTS SAKE." You hear the sound of cloth shuffling as he takes his shoes off and brings them to the door. The microwave goes off, and you turn off the blaring beeping, taking the mug out and almost dropping it into Nick's lap purposefully. He grabs it in time, tossing it from hand to hand whispering little "hot, hot, hot" and gripping the handle.

"Are you ready to explain now?" You shut the laptop, paused on episode 6 of season 1 in Steven Universe.

"I...yeah." He sighs, taking a sip and setting his mug down on his calf, which he's propped up on his other leg. A wet ring starts on the leg of his grey sweatpants.

"So...I moved in with my friend. That part wasn't a lie. Remember when I told you about my first relationship?" He grimaces on the last word.

"You mean her?" You ask, raising one of your eyebrows.

"Mhm. She started threatening to dox me, where we live, my phone number, etcetera. She even threatened to expose our relationship. I kinda had to cut all ties so that if she did do it, there wouldn't be any proof of us interacting ever. I also had to change my phone number." He pulls his phone out of his jacket pocket, handing it to you after unlocking it, opening it to the contacts page. "I'm sorry I haven't called or texted earlier, I just couldn't bring myself to after abandoning you so abruptly. I just felt so guilty, and it all kind of built up to the point where I couldn't take it anymore, so that's why I'm back."

You take a deep breath, exhaling like you just ran a marathon. "Okay. That's fine. You're in the clear for now. So what's this for?" You point at the bag from whatever convenience store he visited late in the night.

"Maybe possibly a little bit of a bribe. I know this is a big favor to ask of you, but could I move back in? Along with my friend? And his cat? Maybe?" He closes his eyes, almost shrinking back into his figure, expecting rejection.

"...If you don't bother me while I work, I suppose it's fine. We'll have to make a lot of different arrangements and other stuff though." You sigh, head in your hands. "When's he coming?" You look up at him. He's taking a sip of water while frantically tapping at his phone.

"Right now."

"Wait, what?"

-

This may not be the most accurate to the timeline of when sapnap moved in with dream but it's the best i could come up with on a short notice.

happy valentine's day everyone i'm gonna go cry in my hole now that i've written 1000 words of pure unedited shit k byeeeeeeee

-pigeon