11. Latte

aghhhh writing for karl again with another coffee shop setting.

-

"Just a coconut latte."

Every time coconut latte boy came in, you swear your heart jumped out of your chest. He was just so cute, the way his baggy sweaters drooped over his frame, his rings covering his painted fingers. You swear your heart would burst if he kept being adorable.

"Sure, anything else?" 

"A blueberry muffin, please." AND SO POLITE? You swore you could feel your entire body light up. This man was so endearing.

Wait a minute.

That's not his normal order. He never orders any muffins with his coconut latte. Combined with his fidgeting, and downcast eyes, you could tell he was upset.

"Are you okay?" The words slipped out before you could do anything. You paused, watching his miserable face turn to one of mild shock. "Sorry, that's a stupid question. You're comfort eating right? It's on the house, I'll cover it. I hope you feel better." You smiled sympathetically, offering him a little sticker from the collection you saved for all your favorite regulars, which he now was.

"...Yeah, I'm a little down. Was it that obvious?" He gave a grimacing grin, trying not to look upset.

"Not really, but your body language said something about it, so I just assumed. I hope you have a good tea time." You offered him another sympathetic smile, taking the best blueberry muffin from the case and giving it to him, swiping your credit card on the card reader. "Please sit down, your drink will be with you soon." Back to customer service mode.

He went to one of the back tables, sitting down with his muffin, slowly unwrapping the baked good. As you continued serving customers, you could see his face slowly start grinning a genuine grin. 

"Coconut Latte for Karl!" you called out, smiling warmly at him.

"Thanks," He paused, biting his lip gently. "For everything."

-

 just now realizing since I don't use y/n anymore ( don't know if i have in past fics) this could be read as anyone. As Sapnap, Niki, whoever. I'm not super into the fandom like  I used to be, but just enough to keep writing this shit for everyone. I genuinely hope Quackity does not do another fanfiction reading stream or I will shit my pants and cry myself to sleep.

-august