Soulmate Au! Tommy

THIS IS PLATONIC DON'T FUCKING SAY ANYTHING ABOUT ROMANTICISM 

red string au because

-

From all the stories you'd heard, when people met their soulmates, they were greeted with tears and happiness, and it felt like all the fireworks in the world had gone off in your heart. You would feel like you had just won the lottery of life and all that cheesy shit. 

That's what you had come to believe. It was perfect, the thought of the most emotional meeting permanently singed into the front of your brain for at least the first ten years of your life. The prospect of learning about the person you were attached to for lifetimes elated you. At least, when you were a kid. Finding your red-stringed other half.

Now, being a sophomore in college at the ripe age of 19, you were burnt out, tired, and had practically forgotten your own name due to the amount of work you had dumped on your already cracking back. You were starting to regret promising your parents you'd get a bachelor's degree for the tiniest drop of their validation. 

You were holding two boxes, one under each arm, struggling to get the door to your new flat complex open. All the handle did was jiggle feebly. You let out a groan of frustration, hitting your head on the brick wall, letting the blood trickle down your forehead.

"Holy shit, what the fuck?" The profanity reached your ears. You turned your head, a bad idea. Only rubbed your head against the rough texture of the brick more, making you wince. To your right stood a tall, about 180-centimeter man. Blonde hair, a teal sweatshirt with randomly colored graphics on the front, acid-washed jeans, and checkered vans.

When you looked down at his hands, you practically busted a vein. 

His pinky finger, the 'friends finger' nicknamed by others when referring to the string, had a red loop of thread around it, looping multiple times and extending to yours.

You sighed, peeling your forehead off the brick. "Mind opening the door for me, soulmate?" You sarcastically asked, motioning towards the building. "The faster you help me with this, the faster we can get inside my flat and chat."

Still from shock, he just nodded, eyes not coming off you. He blindly grasped for the door handle, missing a couple of times before touching the edge of it, pulling the door open.

"Come in," You say, ascending the staircase near the front to your flat.

-

short one I just really gotta push something out