PART 18

OLIVIA'S POV

"R-Ryder?...uhm I mean Beta Ryder"I corrected myself  not even knowing the reason behind it.

He is just standing there in the door way with his hands in his pockets while leaning on the door frame.

He is starring intensely at me but not at my eyes but my lips and that is when I noticed that I still have my finger tips on my lips.

Great now he knows what I was thinking about.

He started to walk towards the bed and suddenly stopped as he is now close.

"Why are you still up?"He is asking me and I am starting to wonder why is he asking me that.

"I am not feeling sleepy"I answered and it came out more as a whisper.

"Have you eaten your dinner yet?"Him asking me that makes me get a warm feeling in my heart and I just stared at him.

"Ohh uhm yeah i-i ate cereal bu-"

"What do you mean you ate cereal? Didn't you like the food that Getty prepared for you ?"he asked me while looking slightly angry but in a good way.

"She didn't cook anything but it's fine I am okay"I fiddle with my finger while I say so.

"Come on"I looked up at him not knowing what he meant by that.He walksed out of my room and when he is near the door he turned back"Are you coming?"

Although that sounded like a question it felt like a command.I stood up  following him wherever he is heading.

We ended up in the kitchen where I have no idea what we are coming here to do."have a sit",he gestured to one of the chairs surrounding the mable counter tops.

I just sat there while watching him open the fridge and then he looked back at me"you don't mind having pasta and meatballs do you? It's way more faster to make"

Uhhh he is not going to cook for me is he?

"N-no I don't mind "He nodded while taking out the needed ingredients.

He is done with the cooking and all I ever did was just look at him while he do so.And I don't know if it is just me or there is something about a man who cooks.

I offered to set up the dining table and now we are seated and ready to dig in.I have tasted a lot of pasta and meatballs in my lifetime and this is the second best one.

My mom being the first.

I closed my eyes while taking my time enjoying this"is it that good?"

I snapped my eyes wide open looking at Ryder feeling my cheeks heating up."yeah it is very good I didn't think you can cook"

"If you have my mom as a mother then you have no choice"I laughed at his answer imagining him being forced to cook.

As I've finished laughing and looking back at him I caught him looking at me and if I thought my cheeks were heating up before then now they are burning.

I looked down at my food and continued with my eating.I didn't know how hungry I was until I took the first bite.

Or Maybe because it is his cooking.my dear inner wolf said.

Imagine that situation where you are at school writing a test and the teacher stood near you and starts to look at what your writing and you feel nervous then that is exactly how I  am feeling with Ryder watching me eat.

I feel like if he continue to stare at me I will start choking and embarrass myself which won't be the first time.

I don't normally eat like some professional precise food eater but he is making me do that.

Our dinner continued like that with me eating and a few blushes along the way and Ryder stealing many glances at me.

I finished my food and my plate was clean ,now I am full."you can go sleep while I wash the plates"Ryder stood up while taking collecting my plate.

Regardless that we are mates ,what kind of a person would I be if I allow him to wash the dishes when he is the one that did the cooking.

"Oh no I will do the dishes since you are the one that cooked"I took the plates back from him and head to the kitchen.

Ryder followed me behind with the glasses."you wash and I'll dry them".And again it sounded like a command which I didn't mind.

After we were done with everything only one glass was left which I told him I will finish and he must go sleep.Thankfully he didn't argue.

As I was drying the glass it slipped through my hands and shattered into many pieces.

I bent down and collect the pieces with my bare hands.As I was picking the last glass piece my index finger got  a deep large cut.

I hissed as I felt it hurting and the blood started to come out,I dropped other pieces I collected and stood up and that is when Ryder appeared.

"Olivia are you okay?"He looked like he just ran a marathon to get here as he is breathing heavily.

Mate Bond  can do that to a person.

He walked towards me and looked at my finger taking my hand into his."Shit you are hurt".

He sounded like he is saying that to himself.And before I could say anything he picked me up bridal style walking out of the kitchen.

Hell no he didn't!!

"R-Ryder what are you d-doing!"I stutter as I struggle to speak properly because of his actions.

"You are hurt and bleeding so I need to put a band aid on that".He is talking as if I've fallen out of a building and now I am paralyzed to the point of not being capable of walking anymore.

I've met dramatic people in my lifetime but he takes the Cake.

"But I am not paralyzed and can still walk on my own"I didn't even realized that we have got into his room until he set me down on the edge of his bed.

He walked into the bathroom coming back with the first aid kit in his hand.He set it down on the floor and opened it.

He took the alcohol bottle and cotton ,taking my hand into his he  lightly brushed the cotton with alcohol on my finger causing me to hiss.

"Sorry does it hurt a lot?"looking into his eyes I can see that he is genuinely concerned.

"Not really but it hurts a little bit"He nods and every time he came into contact with my wound and I hissed he would bring my finger near his mouth and blow it.

I looked at his face while watching him concentrate on my wound.After he was done with putting a band aid he looked at me.

I don't know what came over me but I put my hand on his cheek and brushed it with my thumb.He closed his eyes and inhaled sharply.

"You should go sleep ,it is late".He quickly stood up and closed the first aid box going to the bathroom.

He closed the bathroom door and as I waited for him I heard the shower water running and that was my queue to go to my room

..............................

Cindyyy