PART 24 °The walk°

OLIVIA'S POV

It is the next day and I still feel as if what happened yesterday was a dream.It felt unreal knowing that he is slowly opening up to me.

I reached for my phone on the night stand to check the time and it is actually still very early to wake up.It is still very dark outside and I wonder why I woke up this early.

I have tried to go back to sleep again but I can't.I switched the lights on, stood up and opened the door not knowing Where I am going.

I am barefoot so I am not making any sound that might wake up Ryder.I found myself in the kitchen going through the cupboards trying to find something to eat.

Groaning while closing the cupboard door with force I curse under my breath"shit".

"Are you looking for something?"I felt a deep voice talking.I turned around and found Ryder in his sweatpants with NO SHIRT!!

His sweatpants are hanging dangerously low and my eyes couldn't stop themselves from looking.

Damn.

RYDER'S POV

Ever since I've made my presence known and she looked at me her eyes have been stuck on my body like a magnet.

As male wolves we spend alot of our time without a shirt on.I am used to girls looking at me with lust but something about the way she is looking at me makes me feel good about myself.

It shows that she is physically attracted to me.Which is a good thing.

"I think this is where I am suppose to say take a picture it will last longer"I said with a smirk that I couldn't control.

Her green eyes looked up and she was blushing.She looks so innocent when she is blushing.

"Were you looking for something? "I asked remembering that I found her opening and closing all the cupboards as if she can't find what she was looking for.

"N-no..I mean y-yeah...I was just looking to see if there was something to eat"she looked everywhere but not at me.

I've noticed that she stutter alot in my presence especially when she is feeling nervous.

"Lets go for a walk"I don't know what made me say that but I just did.

She looked a little shocked and so am I.I have been trying to get to know her but I really don't know how to.

"Did you just ask me to go for a walk?"she asked as if not believing that I said that.

I nodded.

"Y-you mean as in you and I, walking?"I nodded once again.

"But if you don't want to then we...NO!  I will go for a walk with you,I am just a little surprised"I am glad that she agreed.

"Come on lets go ,but you might need shoes"I noticed that she was barefoot.

She nodded while looking at my bare chest"But you might need a shirt"I chuckled while heading to my room to get a shirt.

We met at the front door and started to walk to the back of the house. We passed the shed and went straight to the forest.

There was a little foot path leading to the forest and it was not very dark with the moonlight.

Olivia was very quiet but looked as if she wants to talk.I am not really good at making small talks with anyone other than my friends.

But I made a promise to myself that I would try to make things work between Olivia and I.

"How often do you walk here?"I heard her ask in a low voice.I come here a lot ,as in almost everyday if I am not busy.

But I don't walk here ,I shift and run.It is very calming and relaxing just being free with your wolf surrounded by nature.

"I take a run here everyday when I am free"I have always wished to do the things I enjoyed with my mate but I never thought it could be possible to do them since I had no mate.

Having her here with me makes me feel some time of a way that I don't know how to explain it.

And I don't know if it is a good or a bad thing but what I know is I look forward into seeing her.After our last kiss she has been the only thing running around my mind.

She has invaded my thoughts in a way that I can't control them anymore.I even look forward to going home from the pack office these days than the days where she just arrived here.

If I remember very well I didn't even want to live in the same house as her.I would do anything to avoid her but I asked Jessica about how she was.

This silence between us is killing me and I don't know what to say to her since she is so quiet.I googled how to make a conversation in a relationship and it suggested that you ask random questions even if they are as simple as asking her favourite colour.

The colour thing worked as a miracle or maybe I just got lucky.It also suggested that you do something that you love with your partner and it would make them feel more closer to you.

I should have done something else with her other than taking a walk.

But what else could I have done with her because walking is the only thing that I like which she might enjoy.

"Can I suggest something?"She asked and I looked at her and see that she was playing with her fingers which is something that she does when she is nervous.

"Yes you can"I said in a gentle tone to make her less nervous.

"We can ask questions about each other by taking turns and if one fail to answer then you can ask another person to do whatever you want them to do and they can't say no"She finished talking while looking at me and I can see that she was maybe expecting me to say no.

"Okay then "I answered not really liking this but anything to know her more.

.........................

And thank you guys so much for reading my book and reaching 2k reads🥺🥰😍🤩I hope you are enjoying it and your support really means a lot to me as I love writing 😻♥️And don't feel shy to share your thoughts about this book✌️😗

Words 1030

Cindyyy