Chapter 8

OMKAR

'Kaya...I hope it's fine..I mean I just got her without any intimation'

'Oh comeon O.K...this is your property!!! And I'm your friend!' she said and I nodded a no and held her hands saying...

'Its not about my property...this is your home Kaya...and you are my oldest friend...I...I didnt feel like letting her stay in a hotel... she doesn't know anything about Mangalore...she has to go to this organisation too which is new to her...and I just didn't feel like...I mean...look at her yaar Kaya... she's so innocent...I just want her to be'

'Safe!!! I know O.K...relax!!! And she will be good here... believe me...and you don't have to worry I will take care of her...you go home...it's pretty late...' Kaya said after hugging me and I smiled saying a thank you to her...

Kaya my college mate, who was also one of the girls into whose project's I initially invested but it didn't work out... Her business was undergoing losses so I offered her my home to stay. I couldn't invest more money into her business as I'm ethical when it comes to work but as a friend I could let her stay. Kaya was hence staying here on and off. With staying here and travelling for her business. So when I thought about Mukta this is the only place I could think of bringing her at this nth hour. I knew she will be safe here.

Slowly I went towards her who was sitting in the living area on the sofa with her luggage. She looked nervous as she kept playing with the loose ends of her long hair.

'Mukta...' I called her out she stood up at once and said...'Omkar...I think it's ok...I ...I don't feel like...I mean I don't even'

In one go I put my hands on her shoulders and said...'Calm down...look!!! Kaya is a great lady...she will help you settle down... and the rest here...this is my number...you can reach me anytime.. I have already sent you insta request...you can ping me there too... just relax and here...' I forwarded my hand wishing her...she smiled and joined in a handshake while a wierd tingling sensation happened in my body. I didn't want to let her go anywhere... I could feel she didn't want to let me go too as I felt her grip on my hand but then I couldn't take her home.

Definitely not after the phonecall I received from mom where she sent me 5 photographs of girls. She had begun the bride hunt for me and I couldn't risk my life showing Mukta to them and God forbidden they get to know I'm married to her although in a wierd way I can't even predict their reactions. So I had no second thoughts before leaving her here.

I slowly moved out of the house when I turned around and my eyes fell on the retreating figure along with Kaya. Her back was slumped and she took slow steps. A sudden feeling of something being lost .. something being away from me...I don't know why I didn't feel good but then I chucked away all the negative thoughts out of my mind and went home.

I had enough family drama to handle once back home.
Amma (mom) welcomed me with open arms while Anu (dad) rolled his eyes seeing mom feeding me idli vada, masala dosa, kashi halwa. But I don't know why I wasn't too hungry today. Unlike other days I ate only 6-7 idlis, 2 masala dosa and 1 cup of Kashi Halwa and my mother was shocked.

It's probably the least food I ate since my childhood days.

'Om...I know what are you worried about?' she said and my face went pale!!!
Damnnnn!!!
Who told her???
Some relative??? Konkanis and Panchadik (gossip) travels at the speed of light...
I was extremely nervous but then she said...

'I know you are worried about Rudra and Prarthana na? Don't worry son...I know our Rudra will definitely bring my daughter in law back home before Shivansh's wedding...wait and watch' she said and I smiled.