Chapter 19

MUKTA

'Miss Kalindi and team...This is Mukta, she would be working with you in the greenhouse project for Nayak's'...she will be the Green house Manager for this project' he announced while sipping tea from his mug while stealing a glance at me and I looked elsewhere...

Everything had suddenly turned so...so intimate after how he reacted yesterday. My body still got goosebumps recalling how sensual his touches were...My waist and stomach still felt the touch closely and I shivered trying to hide my nervousness.

'Miss Joshi...this is Kalindi and her team...Asad, Meher, Abhimanyu, Bani...and Kalindi is the project head. They have been looking into various elements of going green but I would want you to mainly look into planning the horticultural unit...the garden area and ideas on how to make this tech park go green. Mangalore is abundantly blessed with greenary but it's our responsibility to protect it...I would expect the progress of this project every day by EOD and Miss Joshi you would personally give me the progress report...clear!??' he asked and my eyes finally met his. Although he spoke in a serious tone the minute his gaze met mine butterflies erupted in my stomach.

A sudden gushing fear that I may get too nervous around him made me shudder.
What if while presenting him the daily report I look into his eyes, he looks back with the same gaze and I shiver and loose my senses and faint in his arms...
And then what if he carries me in his arms, places me on his glass table and sprinkles some water on my face? And then because my lips are plump some droplets settle on my lips which tempts him and he bends down and kisses me non stop and the minute he realises that I cannot survive without eating raw onion along with my rotis in afternoon...if he pukes on my face??? Ewwwww!!!!' I screamed a bit too loud and suddenly realising that I was imagining stuff again!!!

And my embarassing 'Ewww' gathered enough attention. I quickly covered up saying...'Ewwww my my stomach is hurting...ummm probably I ate something unhealthy...ummm I...I will be back ..let me have some water' to which Kalindi smiled saying 'Sure' but Omkar was giving me wierd questionable looks.

I quickly left to the pantry and gulped a glass of water feeling better while I went to capture another glass of water I didn't realise I switched on the hot water tap almost flinching as I burnt my hand while I heard two women chuckle...

'Godddd!!! How do these types get hired...I mean look at her clothing...I mean that salwar kameez and those earrings with that never ending long braided hair...like someone is getting married here ...'. The other girl giggled giving her a hi five while I closed my eyes. I simply left the pantry and went into the washroom and stood infront of the mirror. I didn't understand what was wrong with me. I wore a simple salwar kameez, I tied my hair well, I wore simple jhumkis and looked decent.

Wasn't Indian wear enough formal? Suddenly doubts started forming in my mind if I could manage in this office. It suddenly felt so different here.

I washed my face and came out as I heard Kalindi talking to one of the girls in the pantry who made fun of me. I was about to walk away while Kalindi stopped me saying...
'Mukta stay...this is Manisha Mam...our unit head' while she passed me a look from top to bottom and smirked.

'I need to ask Omkar...what kind is he hiring...she will groom our tech park...let her groom herself first!!!' she said laughing out loudly while Kalindi passed me an uncomfortable smile and I felt bad. I didn't know what to say but suddenly I heard...

'Well Miss Manisha...you must know it's not external beauty which makes people beautiful...it's the inner beauty and Mukta is an extremely beautiful soul' I turned around to see Rudra Dada standing next to me looking at Manisha in the eye like he challenged her.