Chapter 33

OMKAR

I felt a splash of water thrown on my face while I groaned. I kept shifting in my bed and slowly opened my eyes rubbing my face only to realise Rudra sitting with a jug and a glass infront of me and I blinked my eyes and rubbed them more only to confirm if it was really him.

Yes it was!!!

'You are awake or should I repeat the honours???' he asked and I realised that yes I was actually on my bed while my brother splashed a glass of water on my face. Probably to wake me up???

But then I noticed Pattu sitting on the other end of my bed. Farther near the door I saw my mother was sitting on the couch...crying???
Why was she crying???
And my father stood there consoling my mother while my grandmother sat on the couch with hands on her head.

'What is happening??? Why are everyone here in the room suddenly???' I asked as I was extremely confused. And then I noticed that Mukta was not to be seen. Where is she???

'Dont you remember anything you blabbered last night???' Rudra asked rudely and I was blank. My head felt like a pumpkin. It was too heavy. I massaged my forehead while I heard my father screaming...

'He doesn't Rudra...you know what pour that bloody jug on his head...or best maybe throw him under the shower..or even better let me reward him with a few slaps so he can actually bark what happened last night?' while I looked at my father who was raging in anger and Rudra tried stopping him.

'Dad...give us some time...you can't go all slaps and anger on him. Let us talk to him. You guys please go down. Please take care of Bapama (grandmother) and mom .. please' he said while my father shot me a death glare and slowly left the room.

Rudra went and locked the door and came back. He took the chair while Pattu passed me an aspirin and a glass of water. I swallowed the tablet while Rudra asked me...

'How much do you remember of last night??? Tell us' he said and then I tried to put pressure on my head and said...

'I was upset ..so I went to a pub and I had a few shots of taquila...I don't remember anything post that...' I said while Rudra raised his one eyebrow and asked...

'What made you so upset that you asked Mukta Vanni to leave?' he asked and I was shocked.

'Leave??? Leave as in where???' I asked and Rudra clenched his jaw giving me a letter.

I was shocked. I opened it and it read.

Thank you everyone for all your love and support all these months. I have thought a lot and decided I don't deserve to stay along with you folks. It is really irritating staying in a joint family. I like my personal space so I'm leaving. Please don't try to find me. I want a divorce from Omkar. Fari will send you the required papers after 3 months and I would like to seperate from Omkar legally because I don't love him. I don't trust him after Manisha's incident and I want a better life for myself.

Don't try to find me and let mine and Omkar's marriage remain a secret to the world please.

My phone will also be not reachable. Thank you for the love, food and shelter.

-

Mukta

And my hands began shivering.

She??? She left??? Why??? My eyes teared up and unknowingly non stop tears fell from my eyes.

'Obviously why wouldn't she??? A man who is drunk on his engagement night, reaches late, creates a scene and blames his wife as a gold digger what more do you expect from a girl who has self respect??? Stay back is it???' Rudra asked and I felt earth shattering under me.